Menu

Basher Science: book series... Anyone use these???

I bought the "Periodic Table" for our kids a couple of years ago, and they

really liked it. We then saw the series at the library, so we've borrowed the ones that were available there.

We used "Periodic Table" and "Chemistry" for our year in Chemistry. And we used "Physics" for the next year, when we studied physical science. Our kids really enjoyed the illustrations and the presentation of the subject matter. They didn't think "Rocks and Minerals" was as good as the others.

We used the Basher books more as adjuncts to our studies. They present mostly science facts and some concepts. But they don't go very deep. And there are no experiments, obviously.

10 and up is probably pretty high, agreed. My DD started looking through The Periodic Table one in early elementary, and my DS6 likes me to read him the Biology one. They are a very cute supplement. The Periodic Table used to come with a really cute cartoon periodic table poster, don't know if it still does, but my DD still has that poster over her bed :-)