Menu

Have you seen this? Free American History course

Halcyon

Thanks Halcyon, going to give it a look over this morning. :)

edit/update: Halcyon, I went over to the expansion portion. There were downloads there, questions (specifically related to Lewis/Clark) - 2 things. I found that the primary resources, though accurate- were one sided views- did not allow two cultural comparisons; in this case, the views of NA were just not present, it was all ..from the POV of the European advance; so I found it it a bit unbalanced. The other thing was that it required group discussion, also a subscription to Discovery streaming videos for the background in order to answer the questions.

So, all total, it's not going to be a good fit here.

There may be more/different types of plans etc., within it, this was the only one I looked at though.

Edited by one*mom

If you look at the next two after that....the one on Nat Turner and the one on Indian Removal, you definitely get culturally/ethnically varied perspectives in the primary documents (I'm wondering if a lack of written records is an issue with some of the earlier topics dealing with native americans)

I can see it working as a socratic dialogue sort of thing rather than group discussion, though group discussion would probably be ideal. Now I'm contemplating teaching it in a co-op setting later this year. Which is probably crazy because I'm also planning on giving birth later this year.....