Menu

For those who participated in the IKEA Vika homeschool room thread....

and for others who may just be interested...

I drove 4 hours to W. Sacramento last Friday, battled semi-trucks, horrible road constructions (I felt like I was driving in a third-world country) and all sorts of things to get to IKEA. My 3 year old had countless melt-downs in the store and we got home 3 hours later than we had hoped to. But, the trip was worth it, I love the stuff and here's some pictures of what it all came together as....

We used the Vika Alex as one of the table legs. I showed a picture of it, to show how much storage it has. I think it's actually to hold a computer tower, and I wish it had more shelves, but it works.

You've motivated me to get moving on my redo. I need to set up a couple of work areas. I already own a huge Expedit bookcase, so I'm partway there! Thanks for the pics.

I looked at the original blog post you referenced. I would never use those white chairs. We own one in pink. It is extremely uncomfortable. I saw you are using different chairs. Good call!

Looks great!

We have a lot of those pieces in our office/classroom. We've actually had a few for years (they were in my sewing room) and after our move last year they made way into our office. Just put in some Ikea bookshelves (Billy) in there too. I'm finishing up the room but when I do I'll post pictures.