Menu

grrr- att rant

I tried 3 times yesterday to sign up with att for a new cell phone plan. Their website wasn't working properly and their shopping cart kept taking items out- etc. I web chatted a rep twice. I ended up trying to send my order 3 times. Each time att charged my debit card $1. So, now I have $3 in charges and my order still never went through. I'm sure part of my aggravation comes from the heat. We have no a/c and the computer is in the hottest area of the house.

Still, do you think I will see a reversal of charges? I'd like to clear this up before I decide if I even want to continue dealing with them. BTW, I didn't call originally because the phones we want are refurbs and are web only deals.

I tried 3 times yesterday to sign up with att for a new cell phone plan. Their website wasn't working properly and their shopping cart kept taking items out- etc. I web chatted a rep twice. I ended up trying to send my order 3 times. Each time att charged my debit card $1. So, now I have $3 in charges and my order still never went through. I'm sure part of my aggravation comes from the heat. We have no a/c and the computer is in the hottest area of the house.

Still, do you think I will see a reversal of charges? I'd like to clear this up before I decide if I even want to continue dealing with them. BTW, I didn't call originally because the phones we want are refurbs and are web only deals.

AT&T is notorious for being difficult to get refunds from. Ask me how I know.

We've never had any issues with AT&T until the last two weeks. DH tried to order a phone for him 2 weeks ago online. There was a web special. He tried 3 times. Each time it charged our card $1. I'll have to ask him later if it dropped off.

He ended up calling, but since it was a web special, they wouldn't let him have it. Since there was 2 phones that he was choosing between he went with the other one. Phone was $10. They said they'd add it to the bill. No problem. Received phone. The camera didn't work. Called AT&T. Ordered new phone, sent broken one back. Then received working phone.

Today we received a phone bill for $650 (it's usually around $225 for 4 lines (3 with internet and unlimited texting). They charged him $150 each for both phones and activation for both. My calm collected husband is no more. He was on the phone with them all morning. No resolution, yet.

If you haven't finalized your purchases you might want to re-think AT&T. We hate them, but we're stuck with them. They never do what they say they will do, never give you the price you agreed to, and customer service can NEVER help you with a bill or refund or issue because they can only tell you what they think you owe them. That's it. You ask questions, they can't answer or give you the wrong answer, or tell yo something that they don't actually do. I have wasted SO MUCH of my time dealing with them!