Menu

does this type of planning app exist

kesmom

I have looked at various iPad planning/scheduling apps, but they are all more complex than I am needing.

I would really like something that looks like a page in a basic teacher's weekly lesson plan book - squares where I could enter text. (typing) I don't go by the clock so I would like something that didn't have me entering things at specific times.

Does this make sense?

Thank you for the replies. I looked at the suggestions and they are not quite what I am needed. I want the look of a blank weekly lesson plan book, where I can type data without having to attatch it to a certain time. Most of the planning apps I have looked at are much more complex than this, but this simple idea doesn't seem to exist.

I've looked at templates on Google docs etc.... but am having a hard time finding something I can edit on the iPad.

Uh yes, there is one. It's an app aimed at school teachers and it has squares. The name is slipping my mind. Go to the app store and start searching. You don't type exactly into the squares but into fields that end up in the squares. At least I THINK it was an app. I think I found it at the same time as I was exploring Olly. Have you ever looked at Olly? It's very, very nice.

It sounds like you'd be just as happy with paper right now.

Uh yes, there is one. It's an app aimed at school teachers and it has squares. The name is slipping my mind. Go to the app store and start searching. You don't type exactly into the squares but into fields that end up in the squares. At least I THINK it was an app. I think I found it at the same time as I was exploring Olly. Have you ever looked at Olly? It's very, very nice.

It sounds like you'd be just as happy with paper right now.

Perhaps you're thinking of Planbook?

On a side note, I recently purchased OLLY. :)

Can you tell me more about Scholaric? What do you like/dislike about it?

I am on the way out but will add more later if someone else doesn't weigh in. I really like scholaric. It is simple but enough, the developer is super helpful. It is inexpensive. You can auto create multiple lessons, easily bump them, schedule different subject different days, schedule days off, keep grades...

I use Index Card and it is like using...index cards. I can color code cards and move them in separate columns. You could make each column represent the days of the week and have separate color coded cards for each subject...very visual.

This looks like it would almost do it! It looks like it only goes 4 rows across though and I will need 5. (or can it be customized for a 5th row?) It's a very nice looking app though and I will keep it in mind for other needs.

At this point I think I'm looking at a paper planner. Though the one I bought from the Target dollar spot only has 25 weeks??? Sigh...

This looks like it would almost do it! It looks like it only goes 4 rows across though and I will need 5. (or can it be customized for a 5th row?) It's a very nice looking app though and I will keep it in mind for other needs.

At this point I think I'm looking at a paper planner. Though the one I bought from the Target dollar spot only has 25 weeks??? Sigh...

You can make an unlimited amount of columns...just need to slide the screen over to view. It is very customizable. I email pdfs of the week for our records.