Menu

We finished unpacking the house!

Our household goods arrived Sunday morning at 7:30am and the movers were done and gone by noon! With the exception of 4 boxes of sewing supplies, I have unpacked and put away everything else! All 13,000 pounds! The garage still needs some final organizing, but first we have to get rid of a couch and love seat we decided we didn't want when we got here.

I even managed to freecycle a desk and old sofabed and all the flattened boxes and some of the packing paper. I even purged more stuff from the kitchen. We even managed to get things hung up already (sort of cheated there, the nails where still in the wall, so that helped). But aside from the recently purged kitchen stuff waiting to be carted off to Goodwill and the huge stack of boxes filled with packing paper, you'd have no idea we only moved in 3 days ago! I'm still shocked looked around this place realizing it has only been three days!

You are my new hero. We moved in here at the beginning of February. I still have a couple bins that I haven't completely unpacked or purged.

Good job!

1999. Just opened the last box last year.

3 days? Two weeks? February? Amazing! :D

You are my new hero. We moved in here at the beginning of February. I still have a couple bins that I haven't completely unpacked or purged.

Good job!

Wow! You did a great job.

We moved here two weeks ago, and we are not quite done yet. I think you just gave me that needed push to get it done.:lol:

Thanks. I had really organized things all together before they packed it, which really, really helped. And once we got here I got the needed permission/blessing/push from my gf to get rid of some things I've been holding onto 'just because' of the maybe/might need or where they came from factor. A good friend who gives butt kicks is always worth her weight in gold!

Impressive! I bet it's a huge relief after movimg stress.

We've been in our apt for two weeks now, and I'm still debating how much to unpack. We're house hunting, so we could be here two months or a year. Decisions, decisions.

Oh that would be annoying. We spent two weeks in TLF. I actually like TLF living. You really start to believe that you really can live with just 6 plates, cups, glasses, sliverware, 4 pots/pans, minimal furniture and just the base library. It's very freeing, not being all encumbered with all your stuff. I always leave TLF thinking "YES! we need to live more like this!" Then I open the first box and say "OH YES! I LOVE this! I can't possibly get rid of it!" Oh well, it's a nice dream while it lasts! LOL!

1999. Just opened the last box last year.

3 days? Two weeks? February? Amazing! :D

Too funny. I will admit when we moved to Texas, I shoved a box of pictures, wall art type stuff in the closet. Two years later, while deciding what would go in storage and what would go to Japan, I dragged that box out of the closet and said since we still haven't hung it up and the movers come in two weeks, can we just agree this is good for storage?? He did agree. This house however had things hung up EVERYWHERE! And all the nails were still in the walls, so that is the ONLY reason things are already hung up! LOL!