Menu

Combining MOH I and Ancient Civil. and the Bible

mom4him

Has anyone ever done this? Am I crazy for trying or should I just pick one and use it. If you have done it would you have lesson plans you would be willing to share?

I have approx. 1 month 1-2 hrs a day to pull this together. I would like to have the whole year planned out?

HELP! ADVICE! ANYONE!!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by Ancient Civilization...is it a specific curriculum? I purchased Mystery of History I to use next year and they have a chart in the back with suggested Bible readings for lessons. I'm guessing around 1/2 of the lessons have a corresponding Bible reading. HTH

I'm not sure what you mean by Ancient Civilization...is it a specific curriculum? I purchased Mystery of History I to use next year and they have a chart in the back with suggested Bible readings for lessons. I'm guessing around 1/2 of the lessons have a corresponding Bible reading. HTH

Guess I wasn't very clear. Ancient civilizations is by Dianne Waring. Here is a website. http://www.dianawaring.com/store/history-curriculum

I have the first two sets. I also have the MOH 1 I would like to combine the two somehow as I know they are both excellent.

Biblioplan Ancients schedules:

- Bible

- Biblioplan Ancient Companion Textbook (spine)

- Usborne History

- Story of the World (optional spine)

- Mystery of History (optional spine)

- related literature

- family readalouds

- Optional Fiction and Resources (which includes Diana Waring's Ancient Civilizations and the Bible")

They will give you the first 3 weeks as a sample for free. :)

Biblioplan Ancients schedules:

- Bible

- Biblioplan Ancient Companion Textbook (spine)

- Usborne History

- Story of the World (optional spine)

- Mystery of History (optional spine)

- related literature

- family readalouds

- Optional Fiction and Resources (which includes Diana Waring's Ancient Civilizations and the Bible")

They will give you the first 3 weeks as a sample for free. :)

Thanks, I am off to check it out.

Anyone else?

If you go to the MOH 1 Yahoo Group and look in the Files there is a schedule correlating Diana Waring's audio cds with MOH I. It's lovely. Try this link for the Yahoo Group. Join and once you are approved visit the Files. If you have trouble finding it send me a PM and I'll get it for you. :001_smile:

THANK YOU! This will help greatly.:001_smile:

I combined ACB with MoH1. It is in the files section of the sharingDwaring loop. If you are a member here is a direct link to the file:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4OsBUAUX1gbUD0nijDXmMs9KIqPL0nncw0l1DlYw_aMG5H2LE_aw04b2sGFZKgugskuUVQtggfC3AaDM7IZwqsFsmdbx5Os/A/%20MOH1%20and%20R%26S%20Bible%205%266

If you are not a member then you will have to sing up but this link should work then.

ETA:

I don't know if there have been any changes to MoH since I placed that file there. But this will give you a good idea anyway.

I combined ACB with MoH1. It is in the files section of the sharingDwaring loop. If you are a member here is a direct link to the file:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4OsBUAUX1gbUD0nijDXmMs9KIqPL0nncw0l1DlYw_aMG5H2LE_aw04b2sGFZKgugskuUVQtggfC3AaDM7IZwqsFsmdbx5Os/A/%20MOH1%20and%20R%26S%20Bible%205%266

If you are not a member then you will have to sing up but this link should work then.

ETA:

I don't know if there have been any changes to MoH since I placed that file there. But this will give you a good idea anyway.

Not sure what ACB is? I have signed up but not yet approved.

We do MOH 1, Diana Waring and Victor Journey Through the Bible. I think at some point I also add for reading Greenleaf Famous Men maybe. I think I took my schedule off of the Yahoo group. I have only done this with one child so far and she loved it. My son will do this starting in the fall.

T

We do MOH 1, Diana Waring and Victor Journey Through the Bible. I think at some point I also add for reading Greenleaf Famous Men maybe. I think I took my schedule off of the Yahoo group. I have only done this with one child so far and she loved it. My son will do this starting in the fall.

T

Why did you take your schedule down? It sounds like a perfect combo of resources. :001_smile: