Menu

What am I going to do with this stupid hair?!

Ok, it isn't actually stupid.

Oh, and it's MY hair I'm talking about now - not Pink's. :D

Mine is NOT naturally curly. It's naturally...something. Straight-ish.

I've had a plethora of different hairstyles over the last 10 years (haven't we all? :lol: ) and I'm trying to decide what to do next. Mind you, I just got my hair chopped off a couple of months ago. I'm ok with it, and it was a nice change, etc. But I just don't think I look good with short hair. I just think I look old or matronly or just not pretty or whatever... Idk.

But the growing out stage (especially before it reaches the shoulders, or when it is just about there) is SO awkward. So does anyone have any suggestions? For reference (and because I'm all about pictures to get things figured out) here is me at different stages of my hair just since Pink was born:

1. summer 2009 - longer and starting to do the thing it does. The flippy thing, or whatever it is. It doesn't just lay straight.

2. so i cut it and went back to blonde, later that summer

3. then I did this in December of 09

4. did the perm in spring of 2010 and have kept it that way since, until I chopped it this May

5. My hair today. No products or anything in it.

The problem is, I now wear my glasses all the time - which makes things more difficult. :confused: It hits my glasses (not to mention I don't like my face with glasses anyway... but I digress) and flips out weird. I'm just totally frustrated and not sure what to do next.

Any ideas? :)

I don't think you look bad with short hair, but I don't think your hair is terribly short in any of the pictures ;)

FWIW, I love your hair in the third picture. Maybe that color in a nice, polished bob? I just cut ten inches off my barely wavy hair because I thought I looked like a storybook hag LOL It is now chin length in a beveled bob. Similar color to the third picture, my hair is naturally auburn.

Oh, I do use a flat iron on it now to keep it looking neat. When you can't twist it up or ponytail it, you do have to style it.

I really like the color in the third picture (flowered dress pic). :) Have you ever considered a bob with side bangs? An inverted bob that is shorter in the back and angled towards your face would look cute, I think. You can also ask for a little bit of layering in the back too. It will help the hair to lay nicely, since it is prone to flip. If you want a really smooth, straight look, a flat iron should do the trick.

I don't think you look bad with short hair, but I don't think your hair is terribly short in any of the pictures ;)

FWIW, I love your hair in the third picture. Maybe that color in a nice, polished bob? I just cut ten inches off my barely wavy hair because I thought I looked like a storybook hag LOL It is now chin length in a beveled bob. Similar color to the third picture, my hair is naturally auburn.

Oh, I do use a flat iron on it now to keep it looking neat. When you can't twist it up or ponytail it, you do have to style it.

Oh, carp! I forgot to add the one from today. :tongue_smilie: Oops.

Well, it's a little late now - I'm in my pjs - but here is one from the day I got it cut, 2 months ago (in the before pic, I had been letting it grow out and hadn't done much as far as dyeing it or perming it because I knew I was planning to donate it. I wanted some color so I did go darker a few months earlier). I'll post a current one tomorrow.

Oh, and I don't like to fix my hair. I'm a wash and go girl. :D I love to play with other people's hair and I love getting my hair done, but as far as daily... yeah.

I do have a straightener, but it's a terrible $20 one from walmart. It doesn't do very well - so far the only ones I've found that do well are the various $100 ones. :glare: Which I won't be buying anytime soon.

Oh, and what throws me off with the short bobs is that everyone has them here. Like, they are super popular. I kind of liked being in the minority of women my age/in my circle by not having one. :D :lol:

Ok, I agree that the super short hair in the most recent pic you posted is not as flattering. You really really do look best in the one with the bob. I'm sorry everyone else has it...maybe you could put some cool highlights in or something? A streak of blue? But that style really did look the best.

I really like the color in the third picture (flowered dress pic). :) Have you ever considered a bob with side bangs? An inverted bob that is shorter in the back and angled towards your face would look cute, I think. You can also ask for a little bit of layering in the back too. It will help the hair to lay nicely, since it is prone to flip. If you want a really smooth, straight look, a flat iron should do the trick.

:iagree: :-)

Ok, I agree that the super short hair in the most recent pic you posted is not as flattering. You really really do look best in the one with the bob. I'm sorry everyone else has it...maybe you could put some cool highlights in or something? A streak of blue? But that style really did look the best.

Yeah, it ended up a lot shorter than I was expecting. :glare: It was like, we cut off the amount to donate and it looked funky. Wasn't falling well and everything. So we did the highlights and stuff and then started trying to give it shape and I kept feeling like I was stuck in some 70s Beatle haircut. When we finally got it out of that (mostly) we didn't want to cut any more off so we left it. I went back in a few weeks ago and got it trimmed a little around the bottom. I'd love if my hair could do this (closest pic I could find, I think it's actually a little shorter than what I'm thinking - I just remember seeing it in the Chanel commercial and thinking, 'THATs what I would like for my short hair to look like!' ) but I don't even know how to make it do that... but I digress.

On the dark one, Is it the color, though, or the cut? Because I kind of felt like the cut was meh... let me see if I can find another picture of that time frame with that hair. There are few pictures of me, I'm behind the camera usually (and when I'm not, they are inevitably not flattering and I end up deleting them. :D )

Ah, here we go...

Ugh, this picture is awful. :lol: I always kind of felt like I looked odd with my hair this dark - it's naturally blonde. In some of the pictures I almost feel like it looks like it isn't even really my hair!

When I was looking at your pics, what I kept thinking is that your bangs are too long and covering up your pretty face, then you mention them hitting your glasses. I was wondering how it would look if the hair around your face was longer, at least chin length, and then you posted the picture of Keira Knightly. That just a little longer was just what I was picturing, LOL!