Menu

Really cute allergy wristbands...

I just saw these on The Today Show. So cute! I showed my 17 year old and he wasn't too impressed with the idea of wearing a peanut and egg allergy one. :lol: I figured he woudn't, of course. But, I think I'll get a peanut allergy one for my 8 year old. I think she'll love it. If you click on each band, there's a cute little story for each allergy character. If you go to the dog tags and click on those....each character has a little poem.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Those are so cute!! DD11 really wants one but they don't make her allergy.

I e-mailed them to ask if they are making ones for other allergies, such as food-dyes.

I'm curious....did they ever reply? I was reading their testimonials and someone asked if they would make a sesame allergy band, and they have that now. So, you never know....maybe they'll end up making what you need. But, they might not if they are never asked.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Those are cute. They don't have one for any of my allergies though. :tongue_smilie:

Contact them and ask if they'll make them. It can't hurt. They have a sesame one....which I wouldn't think is very common. They made it because someone asked them to.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

There are cool allergy bracelets just like that without the characters for older kids. I ordered mine on etsy. Ds9 loves his. They are etched with contact phones and allergy info, come in lots of colors, and several sizes. I paid under $10 for his. Better for a 17 year old!

Those are very cute -- thanks for sharing them! I don't think my DD10 will go for them; she probably wants something more jewelry-like (and she'd need two of those ones, since she's allergic to penicillin and bee stings). But those look like a great option for camp or somewhere where jewelry might not be a good idea, so I might get one for her anyway.

There are cool allergy bracelets just like that without the characters for older kids. I ordered mine on etsy. Ds9 loves his. They are etched with contact phones and allergy info, come in lots of colors, and several sizes. I paid under $10 for his. Better for a 17 year old!

Can you give me a link? I've never looked at Etsy.

Those are very cute -- thanks for sharing them! I don't think my DD10 will go for them; she probably wants something more jewelry-like (and she'd need two of those ones, since she's allergic to penicillin and bee stings). But those look like a great option for camp or somewhere where jewelry might not be a good idea, so I might get one for her anyway.

They have a multi-allergy bracelet you might want to consider.

Contact them and ask if they'll make them. It can't hurt. They have a sesame one....which I wouldn't think is very common. They made it because someone asked them to.

My dd is allergic to sesame. I hadn't heard of a sesame allergy before she was diagnosed but it turns out it is the ninth most common food allergy in the US-just missing the top eight list that gets the special label on food packaging. It is much higher in some other countries.