Menu

Why would hotels rather have vacancies because they require 3 night minimum

They don't actually have vacancies in many cases. They will sell the vacant rooms on Priceline or Hotwire or one of the other sites that don't tell you the hotel name until after you purchase. I've actually gotten around a stated X night minimum this way. I figured out by the star ranking, stated amenities, and general location which "unnamed" hotel was the one I wanted, and sure enough, it turned out to be the very same.

They don't actually have vacancies in many cases. They will sell the vacant rooms on Priceline or Hotwire or one of the other sites that don't tell you the hotel name until after you purchase. I've actually gotten around a stated X night minimum this way. I figured out by the star ranking, stated amenities, and general location which "unnamed" hotel was the one I wanted, and sure enough, it turned out to be the very same.

dh and i have done the same.....that's precisely how it works.:)

Yes, this works. The only issue is the cancellation policy. Look carefully, if you would like some flexibility with changing the reservation. Additionally, if you would like something extra that the discount website says is available make sure they (discount website) are providing the correct or order for such. We made a reservation for a connecting room and noted we had a pet with us. We arrived at the hotel to find out connecting rooms are not available to people with pets, so we got nonconnecting nonadjacent rooms in a different section of the hotel, but it was annoying.