Menu

A smudge-proof mascara for sensitive eyes?

I used to buy Neutrogena Weightless Volume before it was discontinued. :glare:

My next try is a disaster. I have smudge marks constantly.

I can't stand those sticky types that are hard to wash off.

It needs to be a brand I can easily pick up at the grocery or drug store. Moderately priced would be nice, too.

Can you help? :bigear:

My eyes have become very sensitive. I tried a relatively new mascara from L'oreal on a recommendationand it's great. I never get smudges. I can't remember exactly what it's called but the container (?) is gold. I haven't had great luck with hypoallergenic stuff on my eyes but I've had no trouble with this. I like that no particles flake off into my eyes.

I have VERY sensitive eyes, and I wear contacts. I forget the name, but it's Loreal (I believe) and it has "tube technology". It has a white coat you put on first and then the black. It stays on forever and actually comes off not as smudges, but as little eyelash tubes. It's fabulous. I need to go buy more. I'm sorry I can't remember the name!

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara - the one in the burgundy and white tube. Avoid the waterproof one, it's not as good. You have to wash it off in warm water only- eye makeup remover doesn't touch it.

You put on a base coat of white first, then the black while the base coat is still wet. This means I first coat my upper right with the base, then upper right with the dark, then lower right with each, etc. It gives gorgeous long lashes.

Clinique makes one that uses tube technology too, but it's more expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. My sister loves it though.