Menu

I need a general type book for art or music for 7th grade report to school district

For many years we just used the "What your 3rd (4th, etc) Grader Needs to Know" as a catchall on our school district reports, especially for things we do eclectically or interest led or use many resources for (like art, music, geography, etc).

That series stops after 6th grade, so now I need a new "catchall" book for my school district reports for things like art and music. Any ideas?

I just bought a couple of Art books from Usborne. I got the one on Great Artists and the Introduction to Art. They are similar to the art sections from the WYXGNTK which I have my kids read every year, but of course are bigger and better quality. I am glad to have them as references on shelf.

khan academy has some art videos.

Sister Wendy's videos are interesting. My son calls her "the David Attenborough of Art". She is very enthusiastic and introduces many interesting pieces. There are some nude images. (In ART? Who'da thunk it.)

It all seems so "clean" with that nun's habit. :)

She has book out done by DK that goes through history. We like to browse. Creativity Express is a CDRom you can use to learn about tone, color, perspective, etc.