Menu

Uh oh. I'm in love. This is trouble.

ohmygosh. I'm so in love. :001_wub:

DD and I volunteer at the Humane Society once a week, walking and exercising the dogs. In between our visits, I check the website to see what new dogs have come in. Well, tonight I happened to check the animal control side to see who they had on a 6 day hold and.... wow.

I'm done. He's 7 years old, already neutered, and gorgeous. If he *IS* someone's pet, of course I hope they come get him, but if not.... well, let's just say that I've already figured out when the end of the 6 day stray hold will be. :D (And... okay. So a small part of me hopes no one comes to get him. Yes, I feel horrible about it!)

I really have no business getting another dog. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment, no yard, and money is extremely tight right now. But.... since he's an older dog the adoption fee will be halved. And I'm already walking one dog to get her exercise- what's one more.....

:tongue_smilie: I'm not sure if I'm trying to convince myself to get the dog or not to get the dog. I really, really want him though. So does DD. He looks *just* like our dog that passed away 2 years ago.

Guess we'll see what happens next week. :lol: He won't be available for adoption until next Tuesday.

post-55024-13535086961897_thumb.jpg

post-55024-13535086961897_thumb.jpg

He definitely does need some exercise. The funny thing is that our other dog, the one that passed away, was shaped exactly like that before she got sick. She was a couple years older than him though and had just put on weight as she aged and her body slowed down.

The more I think about it, the more I think I will be trying to bring him home if he's still there by the end of the hold period. He's just so gorgeous. Me, DD and my mom have all been talking about getting a second dog for awhile now. (Granted, they've been talking about getting a small dog and I've been arguing for a big dog- but this evening after seeing his picture, DD wants him and mom is almost convinced. :D) We were looking for a young dog, but there's just something about this dog....

Just have to hope that all goes well with the behavior evaluation and that he does well with children and other dogs. And that my current dog likes him. She's very picky about other dogs, and there's no rhyme or reason to who she gets along with. :tongue_smilie:

(I'm so excited. I don't think I can wait til Tuesday!!!)

What a sweetie! You'll have to let us know what happens.

I'd love to volunteer at an animal shelter, but I have a terrible feeling I wouldn't be able to resist bringing them home!

:iagree: My DH actually forbids me from volunteering at our shelter. He knows we'd end up with 17 dogs!!

OP, the doggie is a cutie! Not sure I could resist that face, either. :)

Can you talk to the people in charge and put a "hold" on him so no one else bids for adoption? He's a cutie. :)

:iagree:That is a beautiful dog. I am hoping to get one like that, when we are more settled than we are now, for my kids. We have an *old* black lab that sort of adopted us (technically the neighbors, but he stays at our house for everything but meals) and I know his days are numbered. It will be a sad, sad day when he passes away.

:iagree: My DH actually forbids me from volunteering at our shelter. He knows we'd end up with 17 dogs!!

OP, the doggie is a cutie! Not sure I could resist that face, either. :)

When I was in high school, about once every other month or so I would bring home a random animal. I'd get them cleaned up, healthy, and convince a friend or family member to give them a home. (We already had dogs and cats- my parents would never let me keep any more.) One time I mentioned that I was thinking of volunteering at the animal shelter and both parents yelled "NO!!!" :lol::lol: It wasn't even a serious thought at the time, I had just kind of mentioned it in passing, but they were very opposed to the idea. I've already acknowledged that I want a house with land for my dogs. You know, the ones that I'll own some day. :D

Can you talk to the people in charge and put a "hold" on him so no one else bids for adoption? He's a cutie. :)

DD and I are going to go by there on Friday and talk to them, let them know that if he makes it over on Tuesday and is child and dog friendly we're interested. We volunteer there, so the people know us.

I've already acknowledged that I want a house with land for my dogs. You know, the ones that I'll own some day. :D

I'm so glad there are others like me! I've got my retirement from homeschooling all figured out, and it features dogs. And reading. And sleeping in.

I'm so glad there are others like me! I've got my retirement from homeschooling all figured out, and it features dogs. And reading. And sleeping in.

:D Oh yeah. My life plan significantly includes dogs. I want to live within driving distance of a medium sized city, but I need a large enough plot of land that I can fence in a nice big yard for lots of dogs to run free. I want to rescue labs, and I'd also like to breed chocolates.

I can't imagine life without dogs. :001_wub: