Menu

My little house refinancing vent~

We applied for a refinance for our mortgage loan almost 2 months ago. That rate lock expires in a few weeks. Dh has been calling and calling the loan originator and getting his machine, and last week he finally got him. He said he had left the company 6 weeks ago. Gee, thanks for letting us know. :glare: So dh called and called the loan processor and finally got her last week. She said it had been approved and we were probably going to close *today*. He called again on Friday to check on the status...no response...and today he called again. Now she says it is still in underwriting after they lost some paper from the documents that was there all along. No word on if or when we will close before the end of the month. Not happy. :tongue_smilie:

You should be able to extend the lock in rate deadline for $$$. When some papers from a bank were holding up our loan, the mortgage company covered the cost for extending the deadline (I think it was $300.00). Since it's obviously not your fault this has been delayed, I would ask the company at fault to cover the cost. It's at least worth a try if you do miss your deadline.

We applied for a refinance for our mortgage loan almost 2 months ago. That rate lock expires in a few weeks. Dh has been calling and calling the loan originator and getting his machine, and last week he finally got him. He said he had left the company 6 weeks ago. Gee, thanks for letting us know. :glare: So dh called and called the loan processor and finally got her last week. She said it had been approved and we were probably going to close *today*. He called again on Friday to check on the status...no response...and today he called again. Now she says it is still in underwriting after they lost some paper from the documents that was there all along. No word on if or when we will close before the end of the month. Not happy. :tongue_smilie:

Except for the employee who left the company, what you described happened to us a gazillion times during our refinancing. We were just about done, but, oops, wait, we need something else, so you have to get to the back of the line again. The refinance ended up taking us 8 months and multiple attempts. It's sick what goes on in the banking industry these days. I won't ever again believe anything a banker says. In the end, we did get our house refinanced, but we had so much stress and anxiety during the process.