Menu

Saying hello!

AnneMD03

Hello! I've been lurking on this board forever it seems, but finally decided to "de-lurk." I'm Anne - married to my computer geek husband Greg and mom to our 7-year-old daughter (starting 2nd grade). We live in the beautiful (and rainy) Pacific Northwest. We will be starting our 2nd year of homeschooling on August 6th.

I'm looking forward to joining in on some of the conversations - but thought I should at least introduce myself. I hope I didn't do this in the wrong place!

Hello! :)

I have no idea as to whether this is the best place for introductions, since I never venture out into the Craziness That Is The General Board :D, but hello! what an adorable little girl! and congratulations on starting into Year #2. We're headed into second grade with Button ourselves ... what an adventure!

:)

PS: well, okay, since it's the curriculum board I just have to ask: anything you really loved this year? detested? advice? cautionary tales?

Hello.

Given that this is the curriculum board for K-8 and in the spirit of the other thread, perhaps an introduction should be followed with something curriculum oriented, as serendipitous journey suggested.

anything you really loved this year? detested? advice? cautionary tales?

I'm schooling two second graders going into third grade in the autumn quarter. They are twin boys, one is hFA.

Loved: MEP math this year.

Detested: SOTW this year.

Advice for the morning: Read Climbing Parnassus if you haven't done so.

Cautionary tales: Don't try to do too much at one time.

Another question: What curriculum or approach to homeschooling do you use, or what inspires you about a certain method that you imitate or aspire too?

Perhaps that could be part of introductions.

Approach that inspires me: LLC is currently inspiring. I like the multum non multa idea.