Menu

ADHD inattentive questions

Okay, my two older children are regular ADHD as am I. Now my youngest claims she has inattentive ADHD. Before I get her evaluated, please educate me about this. She is so different than the other two that I have a hard time seeing this as the same thing. What is it like? Do any of you have kids where some are regular ADHD and some inattentive and if so, can you address the differences in behavior?

my youngest has ADHD hyper/impulsive along with aspergers. She is like a firecracker! LOL. She can be agressive and does things without thinking and usually can only attend to a specific thing for less than 10 mins. She is 6.

My older has ADHD-inattentive. She acts like she is in a fog, daydreamer, hypoactive/slow moving prefers sedetary activities and is easily confused. She does not like large group activities they overwhelm her. She is VERY cautious.

My older has ADHD-inattentive. She acts like she is in a fog, daydreamer, hypoactive/slow moving prefers sedetary activities and is easily confused. She does not like large group activities they overwhelm her. She is VERY cautious.

My son is a lot like this. He has trouble following multi-step instructions and is horribly disorganized. He has poor impulse control, but I think that's often true of anyone with any ADHD.

Our pediatrician believes he was also hyperactive when he was an infant/toddler though she didn't send us to get an official diagnosis until he'd grown out of that piece, if that's possible. He was a non-stop wild man when he was little. He never slept and was so hard to manage we stopped taking him out in public between the ages of 18 months and 3 1/2 years, except to venues like parks where an insanely high energy level was ok. (He even tried to swing from our dining room chandelier.) Those symptoms were entirely gone several years before the referral for official diagnosis, which happened in third grade.

My older has ADHD-inattentive. She acts like she is in a fog, daydreamer, hypoactive/slow moving prefers sedetary activities ...

That's how it is here. I imagine if you had a couple adhd subtype hyperactive, the inattentive would seem radically different. Might as well get her the evals and be done with it. Could be nothing, could be something. Could be she's sensing something and doesn't have the right words. That's pretty self-intuitive, that's for sure.