Menu

Selling t-shirts: Zazzle or Cafe Press

Not looking to make a huge amount of money, just want to have an outlet for my ideas.

If you've designed shirts, which company is easier to set up and get payments from?

If you've bought t-shirts, which company has better service and pricing?

Thanks.

I have no experience designing or selling, but I have purchased from Cafe Press several times. Once we even had an issue with a shirt not being quite right, and the customer service was wonderful! I would purchase from them again. :)

Keep us posted about your new shirts!

No idea about zazzle. My design progie was on my old tower, and I haven't been able to replace it yet.

I've been w/cafepress for over 5 yrs now.

They changed their structure, and cost shop owners a considerable chunk of change, imo.

It used to be that you simply set your commission. You could add a flat $ amt, or % on top of what the cafepress price was.

Then they changed it, so that if ppl found your items via their site search engine, it only showed up at 10% commission. Considering that's the most likely way for folks to find your stuff, you can see where owners lost $. I went from making a cpl hundred $ at Xmas time to about $60 b/c of the change.

I have no experience designing or selling, but I have purchased from Cafe Press several times. Once we even had an issue with a shirt not being quite right, and the customer service was wonderful! I would purchase from them again. :)

Keep us posted about your new shirts!

Thanks. Right now the ideas are just hatching, but I'll keep y'all posted.

No idea about zazzle. My design progie was on my old tower, and I haven't been able to replace it yet.

I've been w/cafepress for over 5 yrs now.

They changed their structure, and cost shop owners a considerable chunk of change, imo.

It used to be that you simply set your commission. You could add a flat $ amt, or % on top of what the cafepress price was.

Then they changed it, so that if ppl found your items via their site search engine, it only showed up at 10% commission. Considering that's the most likely way for folks to find your stuff, you can see where owners lost $. I went from making a cpl hundred $ at Xmas time to about $60 b/c of the change.

Ouch, that bites.