Menu

Boy, do I feel like a bad Mom

We didn't get any fireworks this year. My kids went to bed at 8:30. Now I'm feeling guilty. Thank goodness my kids are asleep and can't hear all the neighbors outside having fun. Next year, right?

You're not a bad mom. We didn't buy any this year and we're not doing much for the 4th. Listen, when we did buy lots of fire works and my younger kids were your kids ages they scared them and they were too tired to stay up for them.

Kids will live without fireworks and many, many other things. I'm not a big holiday person (except Christmas). I figure we make memories every single day that will stay with our kids and they'll remember. No worries. You're a good mom because you care. :grouphug:

We didn't get any fireworks this year. My kids went to bed at 8:30. Now I'm feeling guilty. Thank goodness my kids are asleep and can't hear all the neighbors outside having fun. Next year, right?

Go buy some sparklers tomorrow. Let the kids write their names in the night sky. Take photos. Laugh. Eat ice cream. No reason why you can't celebrate on a different night. S'all good. You're not bad, you're just a real mom who didn't feel up for a big shebang tonight.

Cheers!

Don't feel bad - there are many, many, many more years of fireworks ahead.

Every year we go downtown for the big fireworks festival. Every year I'd rather scoop my left eye out with a spoon than go. Every year I go anyway. And I only complain a little.

This year we went to see Iron Man, and Dh offered up going to buy some fireworks after the movie instead of heading downtown. Amazingly, they both thought that was terrific. They still aren't back yet from trying to find someplace to buy them, but I believe I just heard the grand finale shooting off in the distance. I hope, for thier sake they find some, or else we're going to have to let them play with matches in the driveway instead.;) (REALLY, I'm very much just kidding. Not a big fan of the fireworks here)

Every year I'd rather scoop my left eye out with a spoon than go. Every year I go anyway. And I only complain a little.

Oh, Laura, I so get this. I really do not like fireworks but my dh was in explosive ordinance disposal in the AF. So to not blow things up on the 4th is like not breathing deeply on a beautiful day. I'm kind of glad he's out of town so I can get by without it just this once. :lol:

Huge numbers of kids in California aren't getting fireworks, so at least yours aren't alone! :D

Mine got some Pop-its to share with their cousins. Little twistys of tissue with gunpowder in, that make a little bang when you throw them. That was it.