Menu

amazon prime question

It think it has to do about the reason you are returning. If you just ordered the wrong thing, wrong color, just don't like it, then you pay shipping. If they sent the wrong thing, defective, etc, then they pay for return shipping.

It think it has to do about the reason you are returning. If you just ordered the wrong thing, wrong color, just don't like it, then you pay shipping. If they sent the wrong thing, defective, etc, then they pay for return shipping.

That has been my experience, too, for items from Amazon. Outside sellers can be another problem. I had a Goodwill (yes, an Amazon outside seller) send me an item that was poorly packaged and arrived in pieces. They refunded the cost of the item only, not my postage AND I had to pay return postage. Grrr.

Yes, this is what I've experienced. The one time I knew I didn't want the product before it arrived, I refused it before they delivered it, so it was returned free of charge. Otherwise, I've just kept the item and resold it directly on Amazon.com so the buyer paid the shipping.

A few times I've accidentally added an item to my shopping cart twice. It put a quantity of 2, instead of 1. Without realizing this on checkout, I bought 2 of something I've only needed 1 of. If you ever do this, they won't pay for shipping back to them.

This has been my experience.

I think they're right. I bought 4-5 pencil sharpeners earlier in the year. The first few I returned, saying they didn't work properly(they didn't. why is it so hard to make a pencil sharpener that sharpens pencils to a nice point?) And they accepted the returns just fine. The last one i selected that I didn't want it anymore. (I didn't. It was carp. Worst of the bunch) and it wanted me to pay shipping. I canceled the return and redid it with the reason that the thing didn't work and was able to return it on their bill. (and the one we did keep worked well for about a month and now sharpens things off-center to a fine wooden point. Sigh)