Menu

This is where it gets hard. I want to be a good mom today...

But I'm out of steam.

Independence Day in Hawaii is great. There are so many festivities and my kids have been looking forward to celebrating in some way.

They are also looking forward to a break from the unpacking and busy-ness to just have a relaxing, fun day. The problem is that doing something "fun" is exhausting for me. Now I'm sick (a nasty cold) and it is daunting the thought of taking all the kids out by myself (dh is at sea). It doesn't help that I really should have taken some time this past week to get away without the kids. I've been a little snippy and impatient lately- partly because of the cold that is working its way through the family and keeping them, and me, up at night.

I'm just whining...don't mind me. I just need some virtual chicken soup. Thanks.

:grouphug: to you! My older kids have a hard time understanding that if we start "celebrating" early, the little ones will be waaay too tired for anything later. Fireworks happen fairly late since it's light outside until after 9:00. If we want to do that, then we can't wear out the babies! The thing is, they remember whatever we do, as long as we do something, in a positive, fun way. I feel for you... Can you take a few pictures of whatever you do? That always helps me to feel like I'm creating a memory, no matter what we're doing...

But I'm out of steam.

Independence Day in Hawaii is great. There are so many festivities and my kids have been looking forward to celebrating in some way.

They are also looking forward to a break from the unpacking and busy-ness to just have a relaxing, fun day. The problem is that doing something "fun" is exhausting for me. Now I'm sick (a nasty cold) and it is daunting the thought of taking all the kids out by myself (dh is at sea). It doesn't help that I really should have taken some time this past week to get away without the kids. I've been a little snippy and impatient lately- partly because of the cold that is working its way through the family and keeping them, and me, up at night.

I'm just whining...don't mind me. I just need some virtual chicken soup. Thanks.

Jo, cut yourself some slack. You have a houseful of little people and one on the way! There will be other days when you feel better, more energetic again! Don't sweat it. Take the time to recover and do something fun when everyone is back up to speed.

Happy Fourth of July!