Menu

Is there anything stronger than a Swiffer mop that works like a swiffer?

I like the flatness of the Swiffer. It works well near my baseboards and better than a traditional sponge mop. But twice I have snapped off the handle of the mop from the head of the mop pushing down too much, I guess. It's not repairable because of where it snaps and breaks. Are there any similar but better options?

I like the flatness of the Swiffer. It works well near my baseboards and better than a traditional sponge mop. But twice I have snapped off the handle of the mop from the head of the mop pushing down too much, I guess. It's not repairable because of where it snaps and breaks. Are there any similar but better options?

We've used this for the last 4 years and have not had a problem. It cleans really well and I did find the handle to be a bit sturdier than the Swiffer. But, I am pretty careful with it because I'm always afraid it will snap. I'm pretty sure they sell the same thing at WM.

I have a "Star Microfiber Mop" I got on an infomercial about 5 years ago. Actually, I have two - both still in perfect condition. I LOVE THEM!!!!

If you google "Star Mop", several places to buy them will come up - some considerably cheaper than others.

=)

Rhonda

Do you wet mop with this? How does that work?

TIA

Margaret

I used it wet, but you can use it as a dry mop too. I bought mine with terry cloth covers, but you can buy microfiber covers as well. With the terry cloth covers I filled a bucket with hot water and floor cleaner, (I used vinegar). Dip and wring out the covers several times as you mop. I washed the covers in the washing machines when done.