Menu

Did anyone watch Dallas last night?

There was no background on Anne.

Wasn't Bobby married to Pam? What happened to her? Did she die? Was that at the end of the old show?

Since I didn't watch the original, I started recording them off of the Country Music Channel today. I was in the middle of the first episode when I had to go refinance the house. So once I get the kids to bed tonight, I will watch some more.

I vaguely remember the original. I'm hoping to watch it again soon. I was born in 1979 so the series had already started when I was born but I remember vividly watching some of it with my parents.

I was born in 1970 and remember having to go to bed before it came on. And by the time I was old enough to watch it, my parents had us all really busy so I didn't have time. I think it was their keep the children off drugs plan.

ETA: I just ordered the DVDs of the first two seasons from Amazon. I am goofy.

Edited by Caroline

OKAY,kiddies - :glare: - I was born in 1954, so on Friday nights, about the most exciting thing happening in my life was DALLAS.

Some background, and a couple more questions from me:

Yes, bobby was married to Pam. She was in some horrible disfiguring auto accident at the end of a season and then she had herself spirited out of the hospital because they said she would never look the same and she didn't want bobby to feel obligated to stay with her.

Now, my question (and I am not even sure you can answer it but), wasn't Christopher the child that Kristin (pam's sister) and JR had while they were having an affair? If so, then he is a Ewing and in fact is Bobby's nephew and Sue Ellen's nephew........and I have a steel trap of a memory for that kind of nonsense.

Help, please!

OKAY,kiddies - :glare: - I was born in 1954, so on Friday nights, about the most exciting thing happening in my life was DALLAS.

Some background, and a couple more questions from me:

Yes, bobby was married to Pam. She was in some horrible disfiguring auto accident at the end of a season and then she had herself spirited out of the hospital because they said she would never look the same and she didn't want bobby to feel obligated to stay with her.

Now, my question (and I am not even sure you can answer it but), wasn't Christopher the child that Kristin (pam's sister) and JR had while they were having an affair? If so, then he is a Ewing and in fact is Bobby's nephew and Sue Ellen's nephew........and I have a steel trap of a memory for that kind of nonsense.

Help, please!

If I remember correctly, JR thought he was Christopher's dad and Kristin tried to blackmail him about it, but turned out he was not the dad...it was one of those Faraday guys. Bobby and Pam adopted him because Kristin died (I think she drowned).

If I remember correctly, JR thought he was Christopher's dad and Kristin tried to blackmail him about it, but turned out he was not the dad...it was one of those Faraday guys. Bobby and Pam adopted him because Kristin died (I think she drowned).

Wikipedia says Christopher is the son of Kristen and Jeff Farraday. Bobby paid $25,000 for him.

Thank you so much!!!! Stuff like that really makes me nuts -- yes, i think kristin did drown -- and I do remember that Faraday thing now.

Thanks!:D

I thought JR and Sue Ellen had two boys? Didn't they have a second? I could of sworn I remembered 3 little boys. (Christopher, John Ross and the missing little brother.)

According to Wikipedia, they only had John Ross. Sue Ellen had a miscarriage, but that baby wasn't JR's.

I watched the first episode of the original series last night. (I was waiting for my 17 year old ds to get home from the movies. This going out at night thing is new for him, and I will now apologize to my parents for all the nights I stayed out late.) I want Bobby's car. :auto: The house at Southfork was different than in the new series. And they all looked so young.

Could they not have afforded eyebrow grooming for JR???? All I could think of every time I saw the commercial was he looks like Andy Rooney!! :lol:

:lol: I know, I kept imagining going after him with my scissors! He looked like he had eyebrow wings.