Menu

Asking a ? about SL for someone else about using SL and

BP, MOH, Ancient Civilizations and the Bible, or TQ. Please help if you can.

I have a friend that is overseas and has limited internet. She is borrowing SL cores from me and another hs mom but had a question for me that I cannot answer.

She would like to know if there is to be purchased (or if someone has made and would be willing to share) a schedule to integrate SL cores with BP, TQ, MOH or the Diana Waring materials. She is beginning with ancients this year and would like to use the SL core and one of these together without having to sit down and figure out what to read when.

Thanks for any assistance or help you can offer.

No, but does she know that WP Ancients uses MOH? That's their Core for it, & they also use SOTW for some of it {I think}, might that be an option for her? Do you have access to the SL boards? You might be able to ask over there especially on the boards where people are using the same cores your friend is using. :)

Hmm, you know, now that I think about this, something down this line was happening over on the SL boards. Someone made a suggestion on the Suggestion Board about using MOH in Ancients. I don't think that will happen soon as they just redid G & H is getting an overhaul next year apparently. BUT, because of the suggestion coming up you might find people over there who've all read worked it in. You've peeked my curiosity though I'm off to check. :lol:

No, she is wanting to combine the two and is looking for a schedule that tells you what part of BP, MOH, TQ, or Waring to read with Core B, then Core C, and whatever the higher cores are that study the same things. She has three dc studying ancients this fall, but one in the lower core and two in the higher ones. Wants to add more Biblical history in with the core.

So something that schedules them together. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

No, she is wanting to combine the two and is looking for a schedule that tells you what part of BP, MOH, TQ, or Waring to read with Core B, then Core C, and whatever the higher cores are that study the same things. She has three dc studying ancients this fall, but one in the lower core and two in the higher ones. Wants to add more Biblical history in with the core.

So something that schedules them together. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but adding the VP,cards would easily add the biblical history as well books like Peril and Peace.

Or maybe she could use BP or MOH as a spine and just add the SL books or the other way around, ad MOH To SL, Merry linked above has done that and might have a schedule.

ETA TQ commentary would be a cheap easy way to add it as well, since the commentary is by topic it would be easy to just read it as you get to it in the SL core...

BP, MOH, Ancient Civilizations and the Bible, or TQ. Please help if you can.

I have a friend that is overseas and has limited internet. She is borrowing SL cores from me and another hs mom but had a question for me that I cannot answer.

She would like to know if there is to be purchased (or if someone has made and would be willing to share) a schedule to integrate SL cores with BP, TQ, MOH or the Diana Waring materials. She is beginning with ancients this year and would like to use the SL core and one of these together without having to sit down and figure out what to read when.

Thanks for any assistance or help you can offer.

I am doing something similar. I am working through the DW Ancients units, and tying in SOTW, SL, and MOH as we go. However, I have only just recently started this and so don't have it all in writing yet. Perhaps I could record what we have done as we do it but...... it may be coming a little too late for her if she is starting now.