Menu

Another ikea question... Sorry...

First of all, it is impossible to ask too many IKEA questions! :tongue_smilie:

The cool thing about getting 2 2x4 Expedit units is that it will be more flexible. You can't separate a 4x4, after all. If you buy 2 half units, you can create a 4x4 or separate them in kids' rooms later. I love the 2x4 unit on its long side as a TV stand or display shelf. It is low enough for a nature study display, laying out daily supplies, etc.

I would also recommend the smaller ones. The only benefit to the larger one is the price would be cheaper. I bought the bigger one when we lived in one space and then when we moved we had no where to put it so I had to sell it in a garage sale. Don't forget to check IKEA's scratch and dent section, sometimes you can find those in there. I found one today in the one near me, they are constantly turning over things in there so you might find something for a good deal.

You cannot go wrong with the 4x2. Did you know that you can get wheels for it? Yep, have one in my garage like that. And two in my school room that are not on wheels, but the wheels on the one in the garage not only keep it off of the floor but make it super-easy to pull out to clean behind it.

Love my Expedits.

Terri

I picked up a 2x4 on craigslist and can't wait to get more. The closest Ikea to me is 3.5 hours away though. Right now there is a 4x4 on craigslist but it comes with a bunch of bins I don't want or need and she's a little high on the price because of them.