Menu

Oops, I forgot health

phathui5

and liked it. You read a story from the book about the Miller family and there is an accompaning workbook. Each chapter in the story book corresponds to a chapter in the workbook. We usually did the workbook orally. It is a very gentle, easy way to do health. HTH

Blessings,

Pat

I would think it would be for Grade 4-6 if they were doing it on their own, but my 1st grader did alright with it this year. I did it as a read aloud/discussion for my 1st grader and 6th grader. It goes over keeping yourself clean, telephone etiquette, table manners, etc. It is fine for early elementary (as a read aloud) as well as older children. HTH

Blessings,

Pat

I have a 3rd and 7th grader. They are familiar with s%xuality (we live on a farm), we talk about cleanliness, good eating habits, etc. Am I missing something? Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. I incorporate those kinds of lessons on a daily basis. What are the reasons for using a more formal health program? Mainly comprehensiveness?

TIA!

We used an adorable book last year called "Proper Manners and Health Habits" from Rod and Staff. It's in workbook format, and it's just a sweet book. Another plus, it costs only a few dollars--less than five, I think.

I don't know if a health curriculum at these young ages is actually necessary, but we enjoyed it. I imagine most families cover the same information in normal family life. Our family uses a health curriculum for 3rd and 6th grade (so far), not every year.