Menu

CLEP scoring question.

I am curious too. Dd managed a 65 on humanities practice test with an official guide. Would that mean she could actually pass the exam? Dd and I were shocked -- she had huge gaps in her knowledge. Now we wonder if she should study a bit and take it. How do the practice tests translate into actual test experience?

Dd took the practice test for US History I out of the REA guide. Frankly, she bombed it. Yet she received a score of 48. What gives? We want to know realistically what she would actually score. How accurate is this guide?

A 49 is a bombing.;) The bare minimum to squeak a passing score is a 50 and some colleges require a higher score than that to squeak a passing score.

I am curious too. Dd managed a 65 on humanities practice test with an official guide. Would that mean she could actually pass the exam? Dd and I were shocked -- she had huge gaps in her knowledge. Now we wonder if she should study a bit and take it. How do the practice tests translate into actual test experience?

Sure it might pending the school score requirement. I would wager a student that gets a 3 on the AP or a C in calculus probably has huge gaps in their knowledge too. That's way they passed with a 3 or C.

Obviously the higher the score the better, but that's not the question you are both asking. There are all kinds of levels of grades. Passing is one of the levels.