Menu

What grammar are you using with Classical Writing?

I cannot make up my mind on where to go from here once my oldest DD finishes PR4 this month. She will be moving back to CW as her primary writing program and I can't decide on a grammar portion. I have Kiss grammar downloaded on my flash drive. I have looked at Harvey's on google, but would probably have to get the workbooks from CW. What do you use? :bigear:

If you're set on Kiss I'd go with it. We use Rod and Staff. I've never made any attempt to line up the grammar concepts with CW, and it's worked well. :) You could always keep a copy of Harvey's around for a reference text.

Dd did one year of GWG. I didn't like it. Then she did a year of Harvey's. She hated it. This year we worked through Latin Rd to English Grammar and it wasn't enough.

So for 8th grade she will be doing Analytical Grammar over the year and hopefully will be mostly done with grammar.

We worked through AG in a year and will be using the AG reinforcement books as well as working many of the grammar exercises included in CW. The 6-Sentence Shuffle includes grammar; i.e. parsing, diagramming, etc. We did a lot of the work in Harvey's with Aesop/Homer.