Menu

Halloween is NOT the Devil's Birthday!

I love these teaching moments! It's hard not to get upset at the event or person, but I really do welcome these moments. People get things wrong all the time..it's how we handle it and teach our children to handle it that counts. I remember being highly offended by someone who took the time to write to me and tell me she felt it was against God to go to Disney..I had organized a fundraiser for a mom with stage 4 cancer and we were trying to send her there in a 6 week time frame...I was so ticked and it took a lot to write to her in a calm spirit and politely disagree. It sent me on a mission to write James Dobson (who had been understood by many Christians to hear him say to boycott Disney)...I told him how Disney had been a huge blessing over the years to families and that non-Christian attitudes were coming out as a result of his show promoting something about it. I received the nicest and warm letter from all of those at their organization...they fully supported our efforts to give this family a memory. She did go and it was a blessing to see the joy and love that grew out of it...

We've had great joy with friends trick or treating, I teach the history of Hallow's Eve...it's a really cool historical telling! So, instead of getting upset, get informed...teach your children the joy of history and celebrations! :)

I think I'd have a hard time refraining from heading down Snark Rd.

"Why, I didn't even know angels and demons had birthdays! Do you get invited to Gabriel's parties? When did Satan's mommy go into labor? The Bible says angels don't get married . . . guess that explains why the Devil is such a bast-- oh, never mind."

:smilielol5::lol: :D

I know a Gabriel! His birthday's in November. :D