Menu

Dreambox

I called and asked about this and I don't think they really have 5th grade material yet. They said they had "remedial" 5th grade material (uh, 4th grade??) and they were releasing new lessons all of the time. I expect that a full 5th grade curriculum is planned but I think it was not honest for them to claim they currently go up to 5th grade. I haven't decided if I am irritated enough to pitch a fit about it. If I had known, then I wouldn't have bought it for my son at the co-op.

I purchased this from HSBC thinking it would go up to 5th too. I have a rising fourth grader, so I feel like its usefulness is a bit limited with the material it currently has available. It'd be nice if they add more before the subscription is up as I'm feeling pretty "meh" about having bought it.

They just added 4th grade a few months ago, with plans to add fifth.

I think it's great, even if it's a bit of review. My girls think it's really fun and it covers a wide range of concepts.

We like it and we'll continue to use it until at least Christmas, unless they add 5th.

It makes a great summer supplement, if nothing else!

For a while even back when it was just K-3, the 3rd grade didn't seem complete to me at all. But, my son still really enjoyed Dreambox and learned a lot. I don't think it could be a stand-alone homeschooling program. But it is a fantastic supplement, or stand-alone Afterschooling program.