Menu

Stroller help, please!

My husband's job is sending us to Paris for three months (yay!), and I'm trying to figure out a couple of purchases. We're going to be walking/using public transport exclusively while we're there, and I'm thinking we need an umbrella stroller. I've always been a baby wearer, and I have absolutely zero stroller knowledge.

I'll have to be able to carry both my LO and stroller up and down stairs at subway stations, so lightweight is important. I would like a nice sunshade since we're pale people. :) He's 26 lbs and 34.5 inches tall. I would like to stay around $100, but I could probably be a little flexible if there is something perfect out there. Like I said, I've never even looked at strollers before so I'm clueless.

Anyone love their stroller?

Thanks!

I would look at the Maclaren strollers. They are super lightweight, hold up well and fold easy. They are more than your range but you might be able to find a good deal on one.

ETA: They hold pretty good resale value so you could always sell it when you get home to get some of your money back.

You may want to consider purchasing a stroller over there. European strollers are way better than ours. Their wheels are better designed for cobblestones, etc.

That said, I have traveled in Europe with a Chico and it survived.

I thought about that, but I thought it might be nice to have for airports. Do you know how the prices compare?

Thanks for that site! Do you think the Volvo would be good enough or no?

This one looks nice, but I know my DH is going to side eye me for wanting to spend almost $200 on a stroller for a child who can walk. He's clearly not the one who has been carrying all 26 lbs of him on their back. :lol:

I thought about that, but I thought it might be nice to have for airports. Do you know how the prices compare?

A stroller would be nice for airports, especially when you are waiting to clear immigration.

I did buy a stroller once in England when our umbrella stroller shook itself apart. I don't remember specifics, but I remember thinking that prices were not cheap. (I'm pretty sure we ended up buying a cheap twin umbrella stroller that was about the same price and quality as our US strollers, but the cool strollers had cool prices tags.)

I would google this question. I had a Macarena stroller and so did my sil. We both loved them and she used hers in NYC, as she lived there. My friends that traveled to Paris didn't use a stroller. They said it wasn't compatible with the city and the Metro. They also said that most restaurants did not have high chairs. They went last fall.

One of the things I love about my maclaren is that it has a strap. If I have to carry it up stairs, I can fold it up, sling it over my shoulder, and have my hands free for child wranging and carrying other stuff.

The shoulder strap is a huge plus... I'm thinking the Maclaren Quest I posted earlier might be the way to go. I'm also considering the First Years Ignite. It's only $60, and it gets great reviews everywhere I've seen it. If it really doesn't hold up, I suppose I could replace it there.