Menu

Do I need Teacher Guides for Explode the Code...

The only area I've seen where a teacher's guide would help is the very last page or two of the books don't have any instructions. Maybe it's an eval of some sort---I have no clue---but it's really a non issue. Definitely no need for the teacher's guides.

:iagree:

Ditto here - we've done ETC 1-5 and I've never bought a manual. They'd be helpful for the post-test, but I just make stuff up that seems to go with what she's learned in the book.

Now that we're in Book 4 (we did 5 first because it's simpler), I find I do need to peek at it a bit ahead so I know what the rule is that we're working on each day. Before she starts, I teach or remind her of the rule and work out a couple of examples on the whiteboard. This is something pretty much any parent can do - no manual required unless perhaps English isn't your first language.

One thing to know is that the teacher guides are not answer keys. They only have answers for the post-tests, which is frustrating. So if you are looking for teaching instruction, they might be helpful, but if you are looking for answers, they are not helpful in that regard.

Kathy