Menu

I have a "Woman" Question...TMI

Okay ladies, Help me figure out what to do or not do next.

I haven't had my monthly visit since May 2. I tested twice to see if maybe we might have a new addition to the family around February, but the test came back negative twice (18th & 24th). I have not had any significant weight loss or gain (though I am somewhat overweight), nor have I had any significant stress.

I have 3 concerns here.

One could the test be wrong?

With my previous four children I knew I was PG withing 3 or 4 days, (with #1 I knew the next day) tested when I was 2 weeks late and always got a positive.

Should I call for an appointment? Wait a few more weeks? Test again?

The way I feel could indicate either. Some slight nausea, back discomfort, my ovaries and incision (4 c-sections) are tender. I usually have a discharge just before my cycle which is not present at this time.

Two could I be going into Menopause early, (I'm 33)? My cycle has changed quite a bit in the last 8 years since having my first child. In my younger years I never had cramps or discomfort... but I did have the emotional moodiness that comes with PMS. Now I have most PMS symptoms mild to moderately with a 6 day very heavy flow.

Three could something else be going on?

My mother had a hysterectomy when she was 28 years old. She's since past away and I never thought to ask why she had to have the hysterectomy.

Should I call for an Appointment? Wait a while longer? Test again?

My mom had ovarian cancer at 33. She missed her cycle, then did start to look like she was pregnant, but it was a fast growing cyst. That was a huge blessing. They removed the cyst only to find cancer as well. Ovarian cancer is usually silent and deadly, but because they caught it so early she was fine.

Don't wait. It could be nothing, but when your body acts strangly you should listen to it.

I hope all turns out well.

Over the counter pregnancy test don't work on all women at all times. I had a friend who was 7 months pregnant before she finally got a positive pregnancy test.

You could also have some sort of hormonal blanance thing going on that needs to be corrected.

Or of course, something serious that needs to be taken care of right away.

Kepp us posted.