Menu

DSS has been filling out applications in pencil

Invest in a package of erasable pens. He can still erase mistakes but it will look much better.

The first job I ever got was because of a mistake I made on the application. I was writing in pen and of course had only one copy of the application, so I cut out a thin strip of white paper and carefully glued it over the line so I could rewrite it. The manager said he was impressed by my careful attention to detail, so he pulled my application to the top of the stack! :lol:

which may explain in part why he has not been getting called in for interviews.

Sigh.

Oh, gosh. That will be my boy in a few years, I'm afraid.

The first job I ever got was because of a mistake I made on the application. I was writing in pen and of course had only one copy of the application, so I cut out a thin strip of white paper and carefully glued it over the line so I could rewrite it. The manager said he was impressed by my careful attention to detail, so he pulled my application to the top of the stack! :lol:

That's awesome!

I will be forever thankful to Mrs. Tucker, my sixth grade teacher, who required *all* of our work to be done with a fountain pen. (She didn't teach math; Mr. Brown did, and he of course allowed pencil for math.) :D

But seriously, I am surprised by the number of adults who do not know that things like addresses on envelopes should be in pen, not pencil. :001_huh:

He insists no one ever told him this.... I would have thought that somewhere in high school or college it would have been covered, but perhaps not.

He went and got another application and used the 1st one as a rough draft for filling out the second. I'm just really glad I saw him doing it. It's for a summertime camp counselor job I really want him to get.