Menu

Anyone planning a Disney World trip with the South Carolina Homeschool group?

It's this December, 8th-15th. Just curious if anyone else was planning on going then. We decided we're going the 5th-15th, staying at either Pop Century or All Star Sports.

We went for 7 days in Oct. 2010 and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort but this trip it would be cheaper to stay at the Swan (than any of the moderates), which is the hotel she's booked a group rate for. Since we're staying 10 days this time, we decided against the Swan, as much as I'd love to stay there, and going for the value hotels instead. Any opinions on which would be better? I know that there new value hotel will be open by then but I think we'll like Pop Century and All Star Sports better.

Because she was able to get such good group pricing, we'll have park-hopper tickets instead of regular ones for 5 days. This time around we're also going to Sea World, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Cirque du Soleil.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was going, and share my excitement!

Woohoo!!!! I love planning a Disney trip! We won't be there at the same time unfortunately. And, I've never actually stayed at a value or the Swan. But, you just can't go wrong with any of the properties at Disney!

Our next trip is this August/September. We're going to stay in Orlando in a condo for 9 nights and do Discovery Cove, Sea World, and Busch Gardens. Then, we'll move onto Disney property and stay for five nights at POR. This time, we just got tickets to the parks for two days and we're just going to enjoy the resort a bunch. Then, we go to Tampa and attend my brother's wedding! Phew. I'm tired just looking at that!

Our next trip is this August/September. We're going to stay in Orlando in a condo for 9 nights and do Discovery Cove, Sea World, and Busch Gardens. Then, we'll move onto Disney property and stay for five nights at POR.

We're going to be at POR at the end of August/first of September, too! Woohoo!

I thought about going with the SC Homeschoolers, but it works out better for us to go in September. I hope to be there in December sometime!

Woohoo!!!! I love planning a Disney trip! We won't be there at the same time unfortunately. And, I've never actually stayed at a value or the Swan. But, you just can't go wrong with any of the properties at Disney!

Our next trip is this August/September. We're going to stay in Orlando in a condo for 9 nights and do Discovery Cove, Sea World, and Busch Gardens. Then, we'll move onto Disney property and stay for five nights at POR. This time, we just got tickets to the parks for two days and we're just going to enjoy the resort a bunch. Then, we go to Tampa and attend my brother's wedding! Phew. I'm tired just looking at that!

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip! We toyed with the idea of staying off property at a condo but decided we didn't want to rent a car or think about shopping for food. It s not a vacation for ME if I've got to think about buying/preparing food.

We might go, but if we do, we'll get a condo.

I would stay at the Pop Century over the All Stars. In the past, the all stars shared a bus route, making your time to and from the parks longer.

I forgot about that. Dh is a sports freak and owns an umpire/referee business and D's loves football so they're hoping for that one. I'll have to win him over with the prospect of less time on the bus.

We're not going as part of a group, but we will be at WDW in early December for our annual vacation. We haven't finalized our dates yet because we're waiting for the fall free dining offer to come out. :) We're hoping to stay at Carribean Beach if it is not the Pop Warner mod this year.

It will be our first holiday Disney trip and I'm SOO excited to see all the decorations! (Well, ok, I was at MK in 1976 on Christmas Eve, but I was only about 6 at the time and I don't really remember it. :D)

Regards,

Carrie

We're going to be at POR at the end of August/first of September, too! Woohoo!

I thought about going with the SC Homeschoolers, but it works out better for us to go in September. I hope to be there in December sometime!

What dates? We'll be at Disney 9/2 - 9/7 (I think!) I'd love to meet up - even if it's just for coffee in the lobby. Have you heard about all the updates they're making to POR???? I can't wait!

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip! We toyed with the idea of staying off property at a condo but decided we didn't want to rent a car or think about shopping for food. It s not a vacation for ME if I've got to think about buying/preparing food.

Yea. I'm not a huge fan of the condo and cooking. But, I LOVE the space. We deal with the food issue by having my three boys all be responsible for an entire dinner. We do very simple lunches and breakfasts. It's just SOOOOO cheap. We're going to Disney at the end of the trip so I can really relax and enjoy their food! And, my brother's wedding is at a resort where we'll eat out every meal too. So, that'll feel like a vacation. We often cruise as a family and THAT is a real vacation!

I won't stay the Swan. I have my favorite hotels and that one for a few reason just doesn't call me.

I hear you. It doesn't call me either, but I'd still rather stay there than at Pop Century. But no matter where we stay, we're planning on having an amazing time. :D

I hear you. It doesn't call me either, but I'd still rather stay there than at Pop Century. But no matter where we stay, we're planning on having an amazing time. :D

I know. To stay at a moderate is not much more than the values. I also balk at the fees at the swan compared to the other hotels on site. We have a blast no matter what.

Edited by itsheresomewhere

What dates? We'll be at Disney 9/2 - 9/7 (I think!) I'd love to meet up - even if it's just for coffee in the lobby. Have you heard about all the updates they're making to POR???? I can't wait!

Yay! We'll be there from 9/2 - 9/10. I would love to meet up for coffee or something. We are all so excited!

I have been reading about the updates and can't wait to see them in person. We didn't get a preferred room or a particular view (so far), so I don't really know what we'll get. Still...can't wait! :D