Menu

Adding Easy Grammar Plus or Ultimate for 8th/9th grade???

We have done Rod and Staff and Christian Light for Language Arts for my soon to be 9th grader, and want to incorporate Easy Grammar as I am teaching 7 children. I wanted to know if the Ultimate Series starts with eliminating the prepostions like the earlier texts or should she start say at EG Plus if she never mastered the list?

Just not sure how much the Ultimate Series assumes you know when you jump in late. She is a quick learner though.

Thanks!

Kimberly

the grade 11 ultimate doesn't start with that (I have it in hand), but according to the website and placement tests, you don't have to start with EG Plus to use the program. You can just jump right in, especially if they have had other grammar instruction. They have a quick teaching of each concept before the student does the work.

Thanks I lovemy4kids! I must have missed that on the website. I will try to find a copy of the Ultimate Series for her level and in the meantime, I think I'll peruse the EG Plus as I think it will be a perfect fit for my 6th grade son.

Have a great day.:)

Kimberly

We've used R&S, BJU, Easy Grammar Plus and Daily Grams. My children loved Easy Grammar and Daily Grams! We've done the EG Plus book over two years and used the Daily Grams and/or Ultimate as a review. I would recommend EG 6 for your 6th grader, EG Plus done is 7th and 8th, and Ultimate for each high school year.

I'm new here and joined, but how long will it say just visiting by my name? Does that have to do with the number of posts and it changes automatically?

I want to be more than just visiting!:001_smile:

Welcome!

Yes, the Just Visiting line will change automatically with the number of posts. I believe that the first change comes with ten posts at which point you'll be labeled a Hive Mind Larvae.

Regards,

Kareni

Isn't the Ultimate Series more or less a high school-level Daily Grams? IOW, it doesn't have the depth of instruction that Easy Grammar Plus would have.

And it would be more than just whether or not your dd has memorized the preposition list.

Depending on how much R&S English she's done, she might be able to just go with the review of the Ultimate series.