Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 4/30-5/6

Saturday 5/5: Ran my first 5K in a long time in 37 minutes and change. I wanted to sub 40 and hit 38, so I made my goal and didn't walk once.

Sunday: am about to do my 4 mile run and set up for achieving the 5 mile distance this month. I may look around for my next 5K run because yesterday was a lot of fun. I'd forgotten how fun races could be. Maybe the Brickfest in June.

Saturday 5/5: Ran my first 5K in a long time in 37 minutes and change. I wanted to sub 40 and hit 38, so I made my goal and didn't walk once.

Sunday: am about to do my 4 mile run and set up for achieving the 5 mile distance this month. I may look around for my next 5K run because yesterday was a lot of fun. I'd forgotten how fun races could be. Maybe the Brickfest in June.

Nice job!

Heading out for my weekly run!

Waiting to hear back from StephanieZ. :bigear:

You are not supposed to use weights over 3 lbs. I use 3 lbs and that was plenty. My arms became sculpted. It's great. I used to have the little flappy skin along my tricep and now it's gone.

I've asked you this before and I forgot what you told me :tongue_smilie:. 3 pounds are usually too light for me. Is it that she suggests 3 pounds for only her own routines or for all types of exercise? For example, today I did some overhead raises using 3 pound weights and they were way too light for me. I'm always curious about this as well as possibly ordering her collection. Thank you. :grouphug:

I've asked you this before and I forgot what you told me :tongue_smilie:. 3 pounds are usually too light for me. Is it that she suggests 3 pounds for only her own routines or for all types of exercise? For example, today I did some overhead raises using 3 pound weights and they were way too light for me. I'm always curious about this as well as possibly ordering her collection. Thank you. :grouphug:

I don't know one thing about the Tracy Anderson Method. However, I use 8 lb weights for Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones (except the first circuit where I can only use 5-lbs), and ten pounds for Brazil Butt Lift's Sculpt and Jackie Warner's Power Circuit training. I started with 3-lbs when I began NMTZ, but worked up from there. If you think they are too light, then the are. Just my $0.02, but I am no expert! :D

ETA: But maybe Tracy Anderson is much harder than the ones I listed???

I don't know one thing about the Tracy Anderson Method. However, I use 8 lb weights for Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones (except the first circuit where I can only use 5-lbs), and ten pounds for Brazil Butt Lift's Sculpt and Jackie Warner's Power Circuit training. I started with 3-lbs when I began NMTZ, but worked up from there. If you think they are too light, then the are. Just my $0.02, but I am no expert! :D

ETA: But maybe Tracy Anderson is much harder than the ones I listed???

Cynthia, thank you. Yes, for me, 8-10 pounds feel like more of a workout. 5 pounds, sometimes. 3 pounds feels as if I'm lifting a pencil, except for very specific moves - super-slow callanetic-type moves, etc. I wonder why TA recommends 3 pounds. :confused: Is it because anything heavier could possibly lead to bulking up? Ellen Barrett (an instructor whom I like a lot) and is very anti-bulk, doesn't say anything that I know of about how heavy the weights should be.

Found these:

http://skinnyrunner.com/2011/04/17/the-tracy-anderson-method/

http://www.girl-heroes.com/2010/07/02/fluffy-friday-gwyneth-vitamin-d-and-3-pounders/

Edited by Negin in Grenada