Menu

Need chapter book suggestions...

nov05mama

I need a new book series idea...I am running out of them :)) (this is for free-reading, not for read-alouds...which is why I am looking more for a 'series' than just random books, since he seems to really LIKE having a series to read)

So far, he's read:

Magic Treehouse series

Cam Jansen series

Nate the Great series

Captain Underpants series

I remembered that we have 2 Jigsaw Jones books on the shelf, which I will give him tomorrow and I also heard about the Geronimo Stilton series that we will try too.

Any other ideas??

He's not quite ready for Boxcar Children (just yet!) and he said that Harry Potter was too big right now (even though he WANTS to read it...it overwhelms him right now).

I already have some non-series books that we read as read-alouds a year or so ago that I plan to give him (My Father's Dragon, James & the Giant Peach and other Roald Dahl books, etc) but I know he would love a series to really dive in to. TIA!

At about that same level...

Secrets of Droon

Stink and Judy Moody

A to Z Mysteries

Geronimo Stilton

Ivy and Bean (I know, "girl" series, but my boys liked them)

Though Boxcar Children is really not much harder than any of those. My ds7 would probably also recommend The Beastologist, which he really enjoyed.

THANK YOU everyone!!! I am adding all of these to my list!!

We picked up several of the Geronimo Stilton books today, and the first two books from the Time Warp Trio, the first book from the A-Z Mysteries and also one of the Ricky Ricotta Mighty Robot books! He's got a great start now to see which series he will want to continue with for now...he already started one of the Geronimo Stilton books in the car on the way home :P

thank you all again for all of your great book recommendations!! Geronimo Stilton has been a HUGE hit! He hasn't wanted to move on to the other series we picked up (AtoZ Mysteries, Time Warp Trio, Dragon Slayer Academy) just yet b/c he keeps wanting to read more of the Geronimo Stilton books!! THANK YOU again!!