Menu

s/o on s@x ed/human reproduction/health, I need a book

So I need a science book for this. I need it to cover menstrual cycles, pregnancy, nocturnal emissions, pimples, and so forth. I don't want it to cover c@nd@mns, cucumbers, and dental dams.

It is for my 13yo boy but my dd might join in. I don't need it to be gentle with watercolors of g*nit@lia. I just need a human reproduction/human health science book.

TIA

I'd probably direct you to a human biology textbook. Our Prentice-Hall Science Explorer "Human Biology and Health" covers the parts & processes, and general life-cycle, but not the more touchy-feely "how your body is changing" content.

Eta: it's a PS textbook, and geared toward middle school biology class.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I'd probably direct you to a human biology textbook. Our Prentice-Hall Science Explorer "Human Biology and Health" covers the parts & processes, and general life-cycle, but not the more touchy-feely "how your body is changing" content.

Eta: it's a PS textbook, and geared toward middle school biology class.

Do you have a link that I can look at?

It's this one. We ordered it through Pearson, though, and I honestly don't recall any kind of preview available. I'll look on the computer & see if I can pull a topic file from the ebook for you. It's really not terribly in-depth, though. Just the facts, and I assume the schools use an additional book for "health".

I think a biology /science text is the way to go. I have read some of the science books from NCERT (in India). Their books are pretty matter of fact but they do cover things like the occasional reference to the illegality of sex-selected abortions and other cultural issues, and an overview of some contraceptive techniques, at least in older years.

Ch 10 in Class 8 science book is, I think, the most in depth section on human reproduction and puberty

I think a biology /science text is the way to go. I have read some of the science books from NCERT (in India). Their books are pretty matter of fact but they do cover things like the occasional reference to the illegality of sex-selected abortions and other cultural issues, and an overview of some contraceptive techniques, at least in older years.

Ch 10 in Class 8 science book is, I think, the most in depth section on human reproduction and puberty

What an incredible site! Wow! I like the WHOLE book.