Menu

Logic of English, does it teach handwriting?

Handwriting is taught separately. She has a cursive and a manuscript program. I'm planning to do manuscript (but I'm following Spalding for manuscript) and then start on the main program. I think I can teach the sounds of the first phonograms and the handwriting at the same time.

Handwriting is taught separately. She has a cursive and a manuscript program. I'm planning to do manuscript (but I'm following Spalding for manuscript) and then start on the main program. I think I can teach the sounds of the first phonograms and the handwriting at the same time.

I noticed that she had both cursive and manuscript workbooks as well as a seperate cursive program. I wish the handwriting was included, maybe this is something that will be included in earlier levels.

The free manuscript download that Chelli linked to will not be available forever. I would download now before it is taken down. It is in the beta testing stage and will be removed when it comes time to go to print.

If you use that teach handwriting, and introduce each phonic sound as you are working on the the letter for handwriting, you will be ready for the LOE Essentials program. Then your dc will practice their handwriting each day through the lessons.

Also, if you are not ready to order the program yet, you can make your own phonogram cards by listening to the audio phonogram files they have on their website. Denise has been very generous with the many free resources provided on the LOE website.

The LOE manuscript workbook is free to download here.

Thanks for this! I downloaded it.

The free manuscript download that Chelli linked to will not be available forever. I would download now before it is taken down. It is in the beta testing stage and will be removed when it comes time to go to print.

If you use that teach handwriting, and introduce each phonic sound as you are working on the the letter for handwriting, you will be ready for the LOE Essentials program. Then your dc will practice their handwriting each day through the lessons.

Also, if you are not ready to order the program yet, you can make your own phonogram cards by listening to the audio phonogram files they have on their website. Denise has been very generous with the many free resources provided on the LOE website.

Thanks! Are the basic phonogram cards not available in cursive? I'm wanting to teach my dc cursive so I thought it would make sense to buy cursive phonogram cards but I don't see any.

Thanks! Are the basic phonogram cards not available in cursive? I'm wanting to teach my dc cursive so I thought it would make sense to buy cursive phonogram cards but I don't see any.

The basic phonogram cards do not come in cursive. If you really want cursive then I would suggest making your own cards. Also, if you will be buying the cursive workbook to use with LOE Essentials, then you really need to teach them at least the lower case cursive letter before starting LOE. The free download will not work if you are wanting to teach cursive as it is only manuscript. Denise did just make a cursive program. It's pretty reasonable at only $15. She has free handwriting paper available on her site too. Or, instead of a cursive "program", you can do what we are doing and wing it. :001_smile: I am just teaching ds on my own without a program.

The basic phonogram cards do not come in cursive. If you really want cursive then I would suggest making your own cards. Also, if you will be buying the cursive workbook to use with LOE Essentials, then you really need to teach them at least the lower case cursive letter before starting LOE. The free download will not work if you are wanting to teach cursive as it is only manuscript. Denise did just make a cursive program. It's pretty reasonable at only $15. She has free handwriting paper available on her site too. Or, instead of a cursive "program", you can do what we are doing and wing it. :001_smile: I am just teaching ds on my own without a program.

I looked through the sight some more and it looks like if you get the cursive game cards then the basic phonogram cards come with it, and I'm assuming they would be in cursive? I prefer not to teach it by myself I need someone to hold my hand! ;) I think I may teach cursive first to my dd4, and transition my ds8, whom is barely writing at this point. Then expose my older two to it as we are learning the basic phonograms. I think will learn the phonograms first before I buy LOE, help break up the cost some.

Thanks!

I looked through the sight some more and it looks like if you get the cursive game cards then the basic phonogram cards come with it, and I'm assuming they would be in cursive? I prefer not to teach it by myself I need someone to hold my hand! ;) I think I may teach cursive first to my dd4, and transition my ds8, whom is barely writing at this point. Then expose my older two to it as we are learning the basic phonograms. I think will learn the phonograms first before I buy LOE, help break up the cost some.

Thanks!

You can't use the phonogram cards that come with the game cards as a substitute for the basic phonogram card set. They will not have the phonogram sound on the opposite side. The game sounds have the letter/s only on one side and then the LOE trademark on the other. Take a look at the game cards here. What you see on the one side is it.

You can't use the phonogram cards that come with the game cards as a substitute for the basic phonogram card set. They will not have the phonogram sound on the opposite side. The game sounds have the letter/s only on one side and then the LOE trademark on the other. Take a look at the game cards here. What you see on the one side is it.

ugh! Maybe I'll have to send her an email suggesting they make cursvie phonogram cards. ;)