Menu

WWYD? Nighttime potty training for 5 year old

My ds even was wetting through the North Shore Care diapers.  We started Therapeutic Listening, and his daytime wetting improved dramatically (from 3-4 times daily to 1-2 times a week) and his nighttime decreased enough that he doesn't usually end up with a wet bed.  Now Goodnights can handle it.  Sad to say, that's moving up for us!  Sometimes now, like once or twice a week, he has dry nights.  

I don't know if we'll ever do the alarm.  Bethben, your story is encouraging.  I'm ok with being patient, now that we're finally getting *some* improvement.  When we were having a soaked bed EVERY NIGHT even with the North Shore diapers, that was bad, really bad.  Nobody should be lying in wet.  :(

WOW, that's an epic pee-er!  When leakage happens to us regularly, it means it's time to increase the size or absorbancy.  But glad you found a solution that works for you!

My ds even was wetting through the North Shore Care diapers.  We started Therapeutic Listening, and his daytime wetting improved dramatically (from 3-4 times daily to 1-2 times a week) and his nighttime decreased enough that he doesn't usually end up with a wet bed.  Now Goodnights can handle it.  Sad to say, that's moving up for us!  Sometimes now, like once or twice a week, he has dry nights.  

I don't know if we'll ever do the alarm.  Bethben, your story is encouraging.  I'm ok with being patient, now that we're finally getting *some* improvement.  When we were having a soaked bed EVERY NIGHT even with the North Shore diapers, that was bad, really bad.  Nobody should be lying in wet.   :(

My DS5 is similar. We take him to the bathroom around 10 or 11 pm before we go to bed. He is not quite so heavy, so I can lift him short distances, but if necessary I stand behind him, supporting him by putting my arms under his, and "walking" him to the bathroom. He kind of sleep walks.  Once in the bathroom, I have to pull down his pants and sit him on the toilet. He pees. I have to help pull up his pants, then walk him back or carry him back to bed.  We do the same for DD7, though I don't carry her. I don't see any problem with it..... I assume (hope?) the kids will grow into taking themselves to the bathroom when they are ready. These days, once we half wake her, my older child will sometimes walk herself and pull her own pants down / up, crawl back into bed herself.