Menu

IPAD 3 or asus eee pad

My geek husband has me convinced to get the Transformer. You can add memory cards, which is a huge factor for me. With the IPAD you are stuck with whatever memory you buy, you can't add more. Also, personally, I will use it more for webpages than apps, and the Transformer runs flash and the Ipad doesn't really, which can be an issue with some webpages.

Guest willieolson
I am looking at the ipad 3 or the

ASUS 10.1" Eee Pad Transformer Keyboard/Docking Station Bundle, 16GB

Anyone have opinions on these?

Thanks

Apple doesn't give its users a lot of freedom when it comes to audio and video and if I'm not mistaken ASUS costs less. But it's your time to choose.. :)

Edited by willieolson

:lurk5: since we are debating getting a tablet. I like the look of the Transformer with the docking keyboard option so that it has the option to be basically a second laptop for us as well as a tablet, but I'm really drawn to the apps on the Ipad (though we would be looking at the iPad 2 refurbed 32GB with wifi most likely). Guess I'll have to win the lottery so that we can get both!:D

We've been looking at them a lot. It really depends on what you want it for. If you want it for educational apps, then the iPad seems better. If you want it for anything else, the Prime is the way to go.

I know for our family, my dd is heading to college so she's getting an iPad, but my dh would prefer something Android based. If we get something for the house for school it would be an iPad. If I get something for me it would be Android. Really, the biggest advantage of the iPad is the app market. They win in that department. Androids have Flash, and some have GPS (which I've been looking at. I believe the Prime does).

Without having Flash that greatly reduces websites for the IPAD doesn't it? Can they all be connected easily to a desktop computer via usb or do they need additionally purchased connectors?

The iPad connects to a computer with a USB cable that comes with it. Many sites that use flash have a mobile or iPad version which doesn't require it. There are also some alternate browsers that allow you to access flash content. I have one called proton that I use occasionally because I have an Internet faxed based system that uses flash. It works fine in proton. I thought that the lack of flash was going to be a big issue but so far I hardly notice it because of the availability of iPad apps for just about everything I want to do.

Hi,

I recently purchased the Asus Transformer Prime and did love everything about it, my only problem was that I was so limited on educational apps. I guess it depends on what you are wanting to use it for. For our family, I was wanting the educational aspect so we took the transformer back and got the Ipad 3. There is an app you can download on the Ipad to allow flash. I have no regrets in switching and am loving my Ipad3. We did get the 64gb so I am not having memory issue. You can always save things to the cloud. Hope that helps.