Menu

I got all of my stuff for next year!!!

TriciaS

Just had to announce somewhere that, thanks to all of the advice I've gotten from the wonderful people on this forum (and hours and hours of research!), I've just received a big order from RR that basically finishes up all of my curriculum shopping for next year. :party:

Now all that's left is some workbooks for my little preschooler (she loves them!), create a book list for us and start collecting those, and set up a workspace for us. Something tells me that setting up a workspace will be the hardest thing yet....

Oh, and I just told my daughter (6) today that she will never have to go back to public school after this school year finishes - she cried tears of joy and hugged me so tightly that it hurt! And then, tore into the box that had just been delivered and tried to make off with the books to start reading. :hurray:

You are not finished. You will never be finished. The thrill of the arriving boxes so full of promises, is too big of an attraction. The only thing that remains to be seen, is if you are a hoarder and keep it all, or if you sell off what you are not currently using--only to repurchase it at a later date--to purchase the new stuff.

You are just too excited about your purchases to be one of those people who doesn't continue to buy and buy and buy.

And I am here to personally enable you, on a constant basis. I'm one of the hoarders and will be able to look up tasty quotes for you, and offer fresh descriptions.

I'm just trying to be funny. I hope I'm not offending you. There are a couple people here who buy in the Spring, use and finish each piece and don't buy anything again until next Spring. Amazing! Rare, but they DO exist :-0

You are not finished. You will never be finished. The thrill of the arriving boxes so full of promises, is too big of an attraction. The only thing that remains to be seen, is if you are a hoarder and keep it all, or if you sell off what you are not currently using--only to repurchase it at a later date--to purchase the new stuff.

You are just too excited about your purchases to be one of those people who doesn't continue to buy and buy and buy.

And I am here to personally enable you, on a constant basis. I'm one of the hoarders and will be able to look up tasty quotes for you, and offer fresh descriptions.

I'm just trying to be funny. I hope I'm not offending you. There are a couple people here who buy in the Spring, use and finish each piece and don't buy anything again until next Spring. Amazing! Rare, but they DO exist :-0

You aren't offending me, I think you hit the nail on the head with that! I have a feeling that I will always be looking for more. Luckily, I have a good library system, but I still will be looking to build a home library. And I welcome any and all enabling! :001_smile:

Are you sure this species of homeschooling mom actually exists, Hunter?? Have you SEEN one in person or only been told about them??

I'll believe it when I see it!! :lol:

Whoops--I forgot to congratulate you, OP, on getting your homeschool books! We just started in Jan. 2011 and it is the absolute best thing I could have done for my son. He told me a month ago that he wouldn't go back to his old school if they gave him a million dollars. It absolutely made my day!!

Edited by StinaInColorado
Forgot to mention the OP!

How exciting! I actually got a little teary-eyed reading your daughter's response.

BTW, I thought I was near done shopping for the upcoming school year but then I saw the post on WriteShop and forgot that I wanted to look into that. And, forgot to plan the rest of my Pre-K daughter's stuff...oops! :tongue_smilie:

I understand the excitement! The first of our materials came last week, and the rest should come this week! It's like a party around here!

:party:

I texted my sister, who homeschools, just because I wanted to talk to someone else who could relate. :001_smile:

(Of course, my kids get just as excited about the boxes, the bubble wrap, and the huge sheets of packaging paper (aka coloring sheets) as they do about the books. :tongue_smilie: )

Just had to announce somewhere that, thanks to all of the advice I've gotten from the wonderful people on this forum (and hours and hours of research!), I've just received a big order from RR that basically finishes up all of my curriculum shopping for next year. :party:

If you want to stay happy with your choices DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT look at any more posts about curriculum! Especially posts about people loving a curriculum! It will cause curriculum envy, which leads to curriculum hopping and, ultimately, curriculum addiction. :lol:

Hi, my name is Ann, and I'm a curriculum junkie :tongue_smilie:

All joking aside, I'm glad you've chosen your curriculum and are ready to start your home school journey! :grouphug:

:iagree:

Ahhhh, spoken like a fellow Curriculum Junkie!! :cheers2::thumbup: