Menu

Rec'd Sunday School Curriculum

I've offered to teach a children's Sunday School class. It will be for grades 3,4 and 5. I've never taught SS before and have no idea what I should use for curriculum. Any suggestions? I've seen a few that I like, but I thought I might find some new resources on here. :) You ladies always give me something to think about!;)

It would need to be very user friendly, open and go (b/c I homeschool :D) It's for a Protestant denomination. I am hoping to find something fun, with reading, crafts, and scripture memorization.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!:bigear:

Does the children's director have suggestions? Normally ours provides us with the core curriculum,and then we make choices from within it. We can add if we want to, like if certain activities don't seem like they would work for our group. Currently, we're using the curriculum "The Story".

I am attending a meeting in two wks about it. I was going to bring in a curriculum. There isn't even a class for this age group right now. The church is very small and is trying to put classes in place. There is a nursery for the littles and a group for middle/high school...but nothing for the upper elementary. So, that's where I come in...which is great b/c I have two in that age range now. There will only be about five students...nothing big at all. But, I have a room and great ideas. I really want the class to be fun for the kids. Something they look forward to each Sunday. I don't think the curriculum needs to be demanding. I just need something pretty open and go...