Menu

It's all over, I'm finally done planning my lessons for next year.

nukeswife

Hi all,

I'm celebrating. It's 12:41 am and I just finished all my lesson plans. I've been working on them for about a month now. I did Math and LA about 3 weeks ago, then I did History about 2 weeks ago, and just now did science.

Our new year will start on Aug. 4th

I am using some basic things that have the lessons somewhat planned out but I took it all and actually wrote down what I wanted to accomplish for each week. It took a bit of rearranging with Science take the butterfly lessons out and move them to the end so we can make sure to get them. The way the book I'm using was written it would have fallen in week 16 which was the beginning of Dec. I don't think the company would send live caterpillars to VA in Dec. LOL

Here's what I'm using just in case anyone's interested.

DS age 9 starting 4th grade.

LA: GWG 3 and 4, AAS level 1 and 2, Writing with Ease (probably level 2 or 3 as we've not covered much writing)

Math: Saxon 5/4 (he's really excited about this, TT 5 was ok, but he bored with it and has begged me to bring Saxon back)

Geography: Evan-Moor Daily Geography Grade 4

DD age 6.5 starting 1st grade.

LA: GWG 1, AAS 1, finish Click n Kids phonics, Writing with Ease level 1.

Math: Finish Saxon 1 and then Kumon money and time books for extra practice (we'll finish saxon 1 with about a month to go for the year)

Geography: Evan-Moor Daily Geography Grade 1

Both of the above Kids together

History: History Odyssey Early Modern Times Level 1

Science: R.E.A.L. Science Life Level 1

Latin: Song School Latin when they feel like it (this is just for fun)

Art: Evan-Moor How to teach Art to Children, Folk Art- Around the World, and Art for All Seasons when they feel like doing it.

Congratulations! I have finished planning for the 4th or 5th time, LOL. (And that's only my "overall" plan, LOL). (Well, it's something to do while I wait to go into labor :D)

I like your plans - I also have a ds, 9, starting 4th - so I see some similarities. Mine will finish FLL3 and go onto FLL 4 (by Christmas, I hope). I have CW AesopA to use with him, but will also read WWE incase we become CW dropouts, LOL. (We also have a little bit of ground to make up with writing).

I also have a ds 6.5 starting 1st grade with a 5yo dd, K, tagging along. He will do FLL 1/2 and *probably* WWE 1 (gotta read the book first, but I like the looks of it a lot).

We do SWR for spelling (similar approach, I think, to AAS). For history, my oldest will do modern (finishing his first cycle through) and I will *probably* due a year of American with the youngers and start them all over in ancients together the next year. I won't bore you with the rest, but thought we had several things in common.

Anyway, looks like some great plans!

Another Lynn,

Our plans do look really similar. I will also have a 3 year old in the mix but his was simple he'll be doing some Kuman About Two workbooks and I'll read to him from "What your Preschooler needs to know" definitely the simplest of them LOL

Thanks to everyone else as well, for your well wishes.

Another Lynn,

Our plans do look really similar. I will also have a 3 year old in the mix but his was simple he'll be doing some Kuman About Two workbooks and I'll read to him from "What your Preschooler needs to know" definitely the simplest of them LOL

Thanks to everyone else as well, for your well wishes.

Oh, you mean I have to spend time with him too? LOL! Just kidding! It crossed my mind that I need to be more proactive about some of his morning time. I'm thinking about "school boxes" - toys that only come out during "school time" and other things like play-do, coloring, etc. Honestly, I'm hoping to find a "mommy's helper" one or two mornings/week. I'll have to take a look at Kumon and "What your Preschooler needs...." - those might give some needed structure too! Good ideas!