Menu

Famous Men of Rome & Greece users

Did you use the teacher and/or student books or did you simply read the text? I thought about having dc write a narration for each chapter but quickly realized that my child wouldn't think that was very fun at all. :rolleyes:

Wondering if I should spring for the TG... will it enhance these books a great deal or should I simply skip it?

Did you use the teacher and/or student books or did you simply read the text? I thought about having dc write a narration for each chapter but quickly realized that my child wouldn't think that was very fun at all. :rolleyes:

Wondering if I should spring for the TG... will it enhance these books a great deal or should I simply skip it?

I think you can have some wonderful discussions from these stories and really won't need to do anything but read them and ask some 'discussion starter' types of questions. I usually use questions that I, myself, would enjoy hearing their opinions on.

We have had some wonderful times discussing history over the years. Having to write something about a chapter would just kill it for my kids. But sometimes, especially if you see some interest in a certain person, you might assign them to do some extra research and share what they've learned.

Blessings,

They just came out with flashcards to go with the book.

They look great 100 or so cards per book. I just bought the Greece, Rome and Myths sets... I think this will help with retention, while we can continue with WTM notebooking.

I taught LCI in co-op this year and just read aloud from FMR at the end of the period and discussed some major points they should know and reviewed periodically. I wrote a few key words on the board for them to take notes from for each chapter or used the board to demonstrate some of the battles or to draw a timeline at times.