Menu

Writing Strands questions

TracyR

Has anyone here used the program Writing strands, I'm talking about more than one level with success???

I bought this and am looking through it and am praying that it will help my daughter's writing skills. She likes to write but doesn't write well.

I'd love to get IEW again, but can't afford it right now. So for those of you who have used more than one or two levels. Can you tell me how the program works as a whole? Have your children become good writers? Or ones that can at least write well? Has it prepared them for college writing?

I sure hope so because I really needed to get something that is step by step to get writing instruction done.

I purchased Writing Strands.

I am pretty sure buying a pack of Charmin would have been more helpful than buying Writing Strands.

It is junk. I should sell it, but I'd feel the need to include an apology note in the package.

I just purchased Level 3 based on TWTM recommendation so I sure hope we enjoy it more than you did!

We used levels 2-6 and really loved it! My ds writes really well and amazes me. I do think it is a love/hate thing. When I first looked at it, after WTM came out in 1999, I wasn't very thrilled. However, when ds got a little older, someone loaned us Level 3 and he loved it so I bought more!

I only wish I had saved them for my youngers. I will be buying them again!

We used levels 2-6 and really loved it! My ds writes really well and amazes me. I do think it is a love/hate thing. When I first looked at it, after WTM came out in 1999, I wasn't very thrilled. However, when ds got a little older, someone loaned us Level 3 and he loved it so I bought more!

I only wish I had saved them for my youngers. I will be buying them again!

Thanks for the positive review. I'm hoping we like it just as much, and won't feel like we'd rather would have spent our money on a roll of Charmin. :lol:

I bought it when my son was in 3rd grade.. It was a total flop. I regretted ever buying it.

Fast forward to just a couple weeks ago.. I looked at samples online and thought it looked perfect for my son NOW! (He's 11) He's a few weeks into WS 3. So far so good.

Edited by Mesa

(Sorry to hi-jack) I have a question for those who gave negative reviews. What specifically did you dislike? Was your dc a reluctant writer when you tried it? I'm just curious about this program :001_smile:.

I bought it when my son was in 3rd grade.. It was a total flop. I regretted ever buying it.

Fat forward to just a couple weeks ago.. I looked at samples online and thought it looked perfect for my son NOW! (He's 11) He's a few weeks into WS 3. So far so good.

Thanks for sharing. I bought level 3 for my 14 yr old. I'm hoping it will help with the writing. I think she really needs to start there. I'd rather it be a little easy right now to give her some confidence in her writing. I'm figuring we can go through it at a steady pace, go into 4 and hopefully finish up the new school year with 5. At least that's our plan at the moment.