Menu

What's a good place to buy Rx sunglasses?

Any recommendations on where to get good Rx sunglasses? I know you get a Rx from an eye doctor first. Then what? I want good fancy sunglasses. The kind that you cry if you lose. Are some stores better known for sunglasses selection than others -- e.g Pearl Vision vs. Lenscrafters vs ______?

I haven't bought even regular glasses since the 90's and have no idea what to expect anymore.

Thanks for any help.

I really have to have the prescription sunglasses exactly the same as the real glasses or I get a headache when I switch. And I'm wearing bifocals now. And I have had bad luck with cheap bifocals (more headaches.)

So I get them both from the eye doctor at the same time.

They usually have a discount for the second pair and I know the focal point will be the same on both.

I really have to have the prescription sunglasses exactly

So I get them both from the eye doctor at the same time.

They usually have a discount for the second pair.

:iagree:

Edited by besroma
edited to remove text about focal point since I don't wear bifocals....yet.

My DH has been pretty pleased with both the prescription regular glasses and prescription sunglasses he's gotten from 39dollarglasses.com. They're not quite as high quality as the (regular) glasses he got from LensCrafters, but at $40 a pair vs. $300, he's not too upset about it. I think the sunglasses he got were $50 a pair, though around Christmas, they had coupons for $20 off, which made them really reasonable. It's been very easy to take his prescription paper and order the glasses online.

I know other people like Zenni Optical too, though we have no experience with them ourselves.