Menu

Housewarming gift?

Because I like the outdoors, I tend to get people something gardenish. A shepherd's staff plant holder with a hanging basket to go out in the back yard. Or a bird feeder if they have windows looking out to the back yard.

An indoor plant.

A nice saying on a plaque of some sort...

Cookies always go over well. ;)

Hey, Jean!!

Do you know how their yard is landscaped? I was thinking you could buy them a flat of bedding plants - begonias (copper leaf for sun, not copper leaf for shade). Or, if they have a lot of shade, what about some hastas? Hostas? Clearly I cannot spell that! They come back every year. Or what about a container basket or pot? Bogle's Garden City has lots of great plants/ideas. Or even Wal-mart! We have had good luck with their plants.

Or, some pretty soaps. Not stationery - I just gave her some for her b-day! How weird is it that I am giving you advice on this board, and I know exactly who you are talking about! :D

Personally, I am into consumable items. I just don't want more "stuff." But, that's just me!

Hope you are well!

ETA: Would they have a spot for a hanging fern???

I usually put together a basket of traditional items:

Wine (or juice): so you will never know thirst

Bread: That you may never know hunger

Salt: for a life full of flavor

Candles: that your home may never know darkness

A plant: That your home may always be filled with life.

Rice: that the love in your home may multiply

Honey: for a sweet life.

I usually pick 4 or 5 of the above and add a little card on what each thing represents. They have always been received well.

Hey, Jean!!

Do you know how their yard is landscaped? I was thinking you could buy them a flat of bedding plants - begonias (copper leaf for sun, not copper leaf for shade). Or, if they have a lot of shade, what about some hastas? Hostas? Clearly I cannot spell that! They come back every year. Or what about a container basket or pot? Bogle's Garden City has lots of great plants/ideas. Or even Wal-mart! We have had good luck with their plants.

Or, some pretty soaps. Not stationery - I just gave her some for her b-day! How weird is it that I am giving you advice on this board, and I know exactly who you are talking about! :D

Personally, I am into consumable items. I just don't want more "stuff." But, that's just me!

Hope you are well!

ETA: Would they have a spot for a hanging fern???

Too funny! I do like the idea of a plant so I might just do that. Thank you everyone!

I am doing well. Hope all is well with you!