Menu

hysterectomy recovery

I'm having a hysterctomy on April 18. I'm wondering how long did it take to get back to school work and house work? I'm hoping I can start back on school work in about week. We will have about 15 days of school left.

I had the DaVinci one, and I felt really good well within a week (3-4 days?). My mother, however, had the full incision and it took her a good 6-8 weeks before she was feeling back to normal.

I had the DaVinci one, and I felt really good well within a week (3-4 days?). My mother, however, had the full incision and it took her a good 6-8 weeks before she was feeling back to normal.

This, exactly. I was feeling really good but I over-did it on day 4. It only meant I had a small amount of pain. I was completely shocked by how easy the recovery was.

:grouphug: I hope it goes well for you and you recover quickly.

I had surgery for endometriosis and a D & C last August and I was told to do whatever I "felt like" so I overdid it. I was so sore for about 3 weeks.

I asked for a hysterectomy and was denied, so I had to beg for that surgery. Now I am having a very rough pregnancy. I hope to have a hysterectomy after this child. :tongue_smilie: If you only lose a few weeks then that is cake to me. You can make it up.

Also, I hope you have reason to trust your OB/GYN! I have a friend who apparantley had a "botched" hysterectomy and she has had to have corrective surgery, and felt some healing through that, some more healing through an intense prayer session, but still suffers a lot.

Edited by TGHEALTHYMOM

You should be good in a week or two for schoolwork, as long as you take it easy physically -- park at the table or on the couch, let the dc come to you.

The housework and more physical stuff will likely take several more weeks -- and be sure to take the time. Most of the complications my friends have had were from trying to do too much too soon around the house.

I'm having a hysterctomy on April 18. I'm wondering how long did it take to get back to school work and house work? I'm hoping I can start back on school work in about week. We will have about 15 days of school left.

I had it done toward the end of Christmas break. We were back at school the next week. However, I had 16 and 14 year olds who can do most everything on their own. I kept to the couch and they did their work nearby so they could ask questions. The schooling wasn't as much of a problem as the housework :D. The boys aren't so good at that :tongue_smilie: