Menu

April 1st

Is anyone else besides me kind of stunned that it's April already? I really feel like Christmas was just a few weeks ago. It seems sometimes that my week drags by because ds15 is struggling so much, but as I flipped my calendar this morning, I realized just how fast time moves. We're behind where I thought we would be. I'm trying not to think about that though. Rushing though to make some arbitrary deadline is the wrong way to help my son learn. Simply, he is where he is and he's worked hard to get to this point. But wow, April already? Egads!

Yes, I am shocked, but relieved too. As Christmas ended I was so stressed with all of the commitments we had going on:

Homeschool Science fair (one full month of working on this and it takes precedence over all other school work going on at the time.)

Girl Scout Cookie Sales. Made our goal, but it was tough!

Exploratory Latin Exam and studying for it for the first time. DD9 really worked hard getting ready for it.

One by one, we have made it through those goals and I am RELIEVED.

Still to go:

working on the garden. I got several things in last night.

Homeschool Convention: I am trying to save $ whereever I can to take. I am getting my lists ready. I still have to compare prices on a few things.

Then I have a big consignment sale that I do twice a year the same weekend as convention. So that whole week I will be working on cleaning out closets, printing tickets and ironing, etc.

I will make it through those things then have a month to finish school and then summer break, sweet summer break...... I can't wait.